❁ Chapter 21 | nina

I haven't seen Harry since the party about a week ago

We've only really been texting back and forth about Lenny and the conversation hasn't really been more than that.

Neither of us have even mentioned the kiss.

But here and there I find myself reliving that very moment over and over again.

The emotions I'd felt in that moment we're so confusing and I really did miss him but I just wasn't sure how our relationship would turn out if we were to get back together.

Yes, I've given it thought.

But in all honesty, I was afraid to confront him and be honest with him about my feelings because I didn't want to go back to the way things weren't
I didn't want to hurt Harry anymore than I already have.

My phone begins to ring, bringing me out of my thoughts and I quickly answer it.

"Nina Garcia speaking." I say into the phone.

"Nina, your 4 o' clock is here." Nancy says over the phone.

"Oh great!" I thank her before walking out into the guest room and seeing the familiar blue-eyed brunette from a month ago. "Niall?" I ask, which immediately draws his attention towards me with a smile.

"Nina." He replies standing from his seat and walking over to shake my hand. Politely, I take it and have him follow me over through the loud halls. Phones seem to be ringing by every other cubicle in the building and journalists are reserved, typing away on their computers to preserve their next story.

Out of the corner of my eye, I take a peek at Ethan's cubicle which happens to be empty. Although, I don't question it because he's been taking a lot of vacations lately.

I've come to find out that Holmes favors him the most out of all of us now and somehow Ethan has squeezed his way onto his good side. I'd also tried my best to avoid Ethan. He hasn't really tried talking to me after everything that had happened.

In fact, he's been a little too quiet which was abnormal coming from him.

On a side note, I've come to terms with the way I felt about Ethan he's not someone I'd want to be with.
Something about him makes me uncomfortable and whatever Ethan told Harry must have been really alarming because I've never seen him so angry before.

Practically carved into my mind was the image of his bright red face from anger, his flaring nostrils, the veins that traveled throughout his neck, nearly popping. His jaw was clenched so tight and the way his chest was rising up and down was a sight that I could stop replaying through my head.

Would it be bad for me to say it was kind of attractive seeing him like that?

Shoot. Focus Nina.

I decide to start some small talk with Niall, noticing he looked a little bit nervous. An icebreaker tactic I have learned use to loosen my sources up.