❁ Chapter 25 | harry

"Okay Nina, do me a favor and stay on the phone with me until you get home, alright?" I ask her calmly

"Okay Nina, do me a favor and stay on the phone with me until you get home, alright?" I ask her calmly. "I'm in your driveway, I haven't pulled out yet. I'll be waiting for you."

"Okay." She responds in a breathy whisper.

"Take some deep breathes for me, yeah?" I tell her in a gentle tone.

She's quiet on the other line but I can hear her following my instructions as we practicing inhaling and exhaling together.

Soon enough, her car drives into the driveway right beside mine and I watch Nina get out. She looks over to me for a split second and I'm able to spot the way her nose has gone runny and pink along with access of her running mascara, right underneath her eyes from the tears she has shed.

Getting out of my own car, I follow her into the house and shut the door behind me. We both enter as she sits down on the couch, burying her face into her hands with sniffles.

As badly as I'd love to hold her in this moment, I'm not sure whether to touch her because I don't know if that's what she wants.

Instead, I take a seat beside her and carefully begin to move closer. I then feel her lean in towards me, laying her head onto my chest before she breaks down into full on sobs. My body goes tense for a moment, not really expecting her to do this but then soon relaxes within her touch. I wrap my arms around her shoulder, pulling her even closer towards me and rubbing her arm in a comforting manner.

"What's going on angel?" I ask her soothingly. "What can I do? Please, let me help."

Her body is trembling as if she's been freezing for hours. She's letting out strangled sobs in my arms and I try my best to ignore the gut wrenching heartache that I feel in this very moment.

We may not have ended on the best terms but one thing I can say is that I'll always be here for Nina.

I love her and it kills me to see her like this. So distraught and in pain.

Nina has always wanted to look a lot tougher and stronger than she actually was. She's always been one to bottle up her emotions, which was never a good idea. She's rarely ever cried in front of me in the years we'd been together but in the moments she has cried, I think she's cried the hardest. Which lures me to believe that this must've been really bad.

I was never the best at holding in my emotions like she was. I'm so open when it comes to expressing myself and that's something that Nina has always been afraid of because she's the complete opposite.

I'm not sure if she's cried at all in the past 6 months, hell I know I have.

And in this moment, it almost seemed as if everything she's been holding in for months has just poured out all at once.

20 minutes later, I'm still holding Nina in my arms, rocking her back and forth. Her weeping has turned into small cries and then from there into short breathy gasps. She's still shivering but I've been trying my best to soothe her by running my fingers through her dark hair, which seems to be working.