❁ Chapter 22 | harry

August 27th

August 27th

When we went out on our first ever official date, I was an absolute nervous wreck.

My palms were sweaty, I couldn't decide what the hell I was going to wear to impress you and I was afraid you were going to tell me you hated the button up I had picked out. But as soon as I picked you up, you were almost if not, just as nervous as I was.

So much, that you tripped on your way to the car and I pretended not to notice just so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of me.

But yes Nina, I saw that.

Throughout the night, my nervousness began to slowly fade away as we spoke. Might've been the really expensive wine we had or it might've been how comfortable we were with each other just days after meeting.

We talked about our music taste, our interests, funny stories, embarrassing moments that I would have never imagined myself talking about ever again but somehow felt incredibly comfortable to tell you about.

You made me feel safe.

And I have never felt judged once around you.

But I swear to god Nina, when you excused yourself to use the restroom I just about died.

I thought you were going to ditch me.

So I did what I would do in a very panicked situation and texted my best friend Casey for help.

After calling me a pussy whipped bitch, she told me to calm down a bit and gave me a little bit of advice.

Although, her advice wasn't very helpful at the time, I knew I'd just have to take what I could get and the moment I saw you walking back over to me, I shoved my phone into my pocket and let out a sigh of relief.

I had later learned that you called a friend of your own for advice on how to impress me.

As the night proceeded, we spoke some more, I paid for our drinks and meals after a very long pep talk you gave me about why I should've let you paid.

We got into my car, I drove you home and I walked you up the steps to your place.

Could've sworn I saw your mom and Rosie staring at us through the window that night.

But all of those moments led up to the very specific one I had been very nervous about for days.

The kiss.

You were visibly shaking and I wasn't sure if it was because of the cold air or because you were nervous about what we both knew was about to happen.

You were very smiley that night, by the way.

That cheesy smile never left off your face the entire time.

I remember feeling incredibly proud of myself because I had that affect on you and I saw that as a good sign.

My heart began to race, I gently placed my hand onto your cheek, leaned in and kissed you goodnight.

It was short, sweet and passionate.

And in just seconds, your lips became my favorite taste.

Just the other night, I felt an overwhelming train of emotions the moment our lips touched. I was happy, relieved, sad and mostly afraid.

Afraid because I didn't know what it meant for either of us.

One thing I know for sure is that you're one confusing woman, Nina.

But I would take an eternity to figure you out.

And tonight, is where I start.

-
A/N:
Wow, am I the queen of cliffhangers or what? 😉

I'll try not to make you guys wait too long!
-n