❁ Chapter 28 | nina

I was absolutely nervous about the date with Harry tonight

I mean, we've been on dates before, this wasn't anything new. I just feel like the thought of doing it all over again made me feel a sense of nostalgia and nervousness- just like the very first time.

Looking behind me, Lenny mixing some pink batter in a giant bowl. Cupcakes were the only thing Lenny would never get tired of. She'd once told me she'd eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if she could, which I very much believe.

Ruby had done me the favor of watching Lenny for me, something I was incredibly grateful for. I've always known how she's felt about kids- not liking them much. But yet, she's always had a soft spot for Lenny since I was pregnant.

"What about the vanilla?" Lenny questions.

"Oh shit, yeah thanks for reminding me." Ruby mutters reaching over to grab the small bottle. "Oops- sorry that slipped out." She apologizes with a tone of realization.

Lenny giggles and I roll my eyes before turning back to the window to check for any sight of Harry. It seems that I'm on cue because just as I do this, I spot his car pulling into the driveway.

He's dressed in white striped pants, a white t-shirt and a brown newsboy hat with glasses sitting right above them. From his hat down to the dirty white vans to his feet, he managed to make himself look casual yet so good.

To top it all off, he held a bouquet of pink peonies in one hand and a very big smile on his face as he approached the door.

My body instantly melts.

Before he could spot me, I pull away from the curtains and smooth out my wavy hair before turning back to look at Ruby. "Okay, he's here. How do I look?"

"You look hot, Nina." She responds in a convincing tone.

"Are you sure? It's a little chilly outside, maybe I should grab a coat or maybe I should change my entire outfit." I look down at my choice of wardrobe. Leggings, a black turtle neck topped with a cropped baggy sweater and some white sneakers. Before I can think any further, the doorbell rings making me jump.

Ruby smirks at me before shaking her head and turning back to Lenny.

Opening the door, I'm met with Harry who wanders his eyes down to what I'm wearing before trailing back up to look at me with a cheesy smile. "Hi" He says holding out the bouquet of roses towards me.

"Hey, thank you. These are beautiful." I smile taking the flowers into my hand. "Oh, I know you said to dress comfortably but I wasn't sure what to wear and this is all I could think of. I've even got the tennis shoes on look." I gesture to my shoes.

I'm used to being in heels due to my job, not so much regular shoes but luckily, I had these in the very back of my closet.

"Perfect." Harry assures me.