❁ Chapter 40 | nina

One thing I've learned today that would be very helpful in the future

Don't go shopping a day before thanksgiving because holy fuck people are going wild everywhere. Everyone was scattering to find last minute turkeys for their thanksgiving dinner. Although, I can't really judge because I'm doing the exact same thing.

I almost tackled a little old woman over some smoked ham. Sprinted for that shit like my life depended on it, honestly.

I seriously need this ham for my mother or else she'll kill me over it. She takes thanksgiving very seriously.

But as soon as I was on my way to pay, ready to get the fuck out of here, a high pitched voice was heard behind me.

"Nina?"

I don't recognize this voice and once I turn around, I don't recognize the person it belongs to either.

A blonde, maybe a bit taller than I am with the brightest red lipstick I've ever seen. She's dressed in what seems to be slacks and a white blouses with dark black sunglasses pulling her hair back on top of her head. She's dressed very professionally. A 'right out of work outfit'. She had a green mini shopping basket in hand with nothing but canned pineapples.

"Yeah?" I frown. My mind tries to figure out where I know this woman from and although she seems familiar I'm having no luck recalling her face. "I'm sorry, do I know you?" I ask in wonder.

"Maggie." She smiles putting her hand out to shake it. "Good friend of Harry's. I'm sure he must've mentioned me several times." I watch her smile form bigger, grinning now and waiting for me to shake her hand. Out of politeness, I take it and shake it before letting go.

Maggie?

"No, actually." I respond. "I'm not so sure I've heard him mention you." I've never once heard Harry speak about a Maggie before. Maybe he'd been seeing someone throughout these months?

A glint of disappointment are in her blue eyes before she lets out a laugh. "He was never one to share his private life in our early college days. Same with our relationship back then."

"You guys were together?" I nod slowly.

Harry's told me about most of his exes. Late night conversations with him when we were together had always been completely random but I was sure we'd talked about our past relationship s and I've never heard him once mention a 'Maggie'.

"Oh, god yeah. We were crazy back then." She laughs. "So many parties, laughs. He was so wild experimenting with every drug in the book."

Harry was actually really quiet when I'd met him. I've known him for years. He's never been the party animal type. As far as I knew, he rarely took anything at all. I've also had my own few shares of experimenting and partying but I truly think that all stopped when I met Harry.