❁ Chapter 59 | harry

"You know if her fake mom would have just changed her birthday, this entire plot could have been avoided?"

"That's kind of morbid to think about. She would've stayed in that tower forever."

"Yeah but think about it." Nina sits up, crossing her legs and sighing before she continues. "The witch kidnaps her, keeps her in a tower for 18 years, brainwashes her into thinking she's her actual mother and doesn't expect her own daughter to get excited over random lanterns on her birthday. Her fake mom could've actually gotten through with her plan if she was just smarter."

Nina and I were currently in Paris for our trip. We weren't going to stay for too long. Only a few days while Nina's holiday lasted but I wanted to make it the best trip ever. We were currently laying down watching Tangled. Maybe this isn't the greatest start to a best trip but we had to improvise on the first day.

My head was on Nina's lap while she slipped her fingers through my hair, making my eyes flutter shut every few moments.

"Are you on the villains side, Miss Garcia?" I tease her.

"No, I'm just saying." She shrugs. "It's a hypothetical situation."

"Well, that wouldn't be a very happy ending, would it?"

"You're right. It's not very Disney but you did write a book where neither of them end up together and I wouldn't consider that a happy ending either." She shoots back.

"Got me there, angel."

"I'm just saying, a lot of plots from movies could have been avoided." She shrugs.

"But if things would have been avoided there wouldn't be any character development." I explain. "Or plot, for a matter a fact. Or a story."

"Exactly. Keeps things interesting, doesn't it? That's kind of how life is." She mumbles. I feel her fingers scratch my scalp, twisting my curls around her fingertips in a relaxing matter. I really needed a haircut. My hair was starting to get longer.

"Care to elaborate?" I ask.

"I guess you kind of expect your life to go one way. You have a plan and then you're surprised when it's entirely turned into a new direction. But the thing about life is that if it were to ever go perfectly, it would be kind of boring." She mumbles. "Sure, we'd have everything we'd want but everything would be expected. It wouldn't be fun."

"Alright then, if everything has an original plot, what was ours?" I quiz her.

"You're the author here, you should know." She says making me laugh out loud.

"Well, I'm assuming this was supposed to be a young adult romance considering we were pretty into each other." I start off. I watch Nina's mouth curl to a smile and a slight blush fills her cheeks. "We fell in love, went on dates and then movies always have this big plot twist that turns it all around. It might be relationship troubles or maybe one of them moves away forever....."