❁ Chapter 47 | harry

"So then I said, 'okay, call me a bitch one more time and I'm sticking this margarita up your ass

"So then I said, 'okay, call me a bitch one more time and I'm sticking this margarita up your ass." Casey says as I'm staring ahead at the striped blue diner walls.

"Hey."

"Hellooo?"

Suddenly, a fry hits my face making me clutch it with my hand. "Ow Casey, what the fuck."

"Pay attention. You've been literally zoned out for the past 30 minutes while I've ranted." Casey responds annoyingly.

"I'm sorry, I'm just- I've been so out of it lately." I whisper looking down at my food.

Nina has been avoiding me for the past few days and it's been really strange.

She usually doesn't do this and she didn't really respond when I'd asked her how her interview went. She just responded with a short "Fine." under her breathe and didn't really give me much more.

I really do hope she got the job but if she didn't, it would kind of explain why she's avoided the topic or me.

"How come?" Casey asks.

I shrug my shoulders, looking up at her. "Nina hasn't been really speaking to me lately."

Casey frowns with confusion taking over her face. "What? I thought you two were doing well. What happened?"

"We were. This was just really out of the blue." I mutter back. "I'm not sure what's happening but she hasn't really been responsive with my texts. She'll give me really short answers and it's a little bit frustrating."

"Isn't that what you do when you're mad?" Casey says slowly making me squint up at her in an annoyed expression. "Sorry, just- an observation." She coughs awkwardly looking back down.

"It is but I'm the one to do that, not her. She's always vocal about what's bothering her." I respond.

This was so strange and not at all Nina.

"Do you see her today?" Casey asks. "Maybe you can ask when she comes over."

That's true. Nina had a couple of things she wanted to grab for Lenny who was staying with Rosa for tomorrow.

"I do see her today." I think. "I could probably ask then." I just don't want her to completely shut me out.

Communication is one of the things we were doing so well in. I just wish she'd be open with me.

"Alright, well there you have it. Just like you always tell me, everything will be fine." Casey says. "It's funny how you always say it but you always have doubts about it yourself."

I frown, grabbing a fry of my own and throwing it at her face this time, making her groan. "Ouch, okay that hurt."

She speaks nothing but the truth but I'd never admit it to her.