❁ Chapter 24 | nina

Today, I had time to drop Lenny off at school on my way to work, which I was absolutely grateful about

Today, I had time to drop Lenny off at school on my way to work, which I was absolutely grateful about. There's not a lot of moments we get to have together and sometimes that worries me as a mother because I don't want her to feel that I'm not there for her or that I don't care. I care so much about her and she was possibly the best thing that ever could have happened to me.

When we'd first found out I was pregnant with Lenny, Harry and I were criticized a ton and a lot of family members began to doubt our capability to take care of a child.

Specifically, Harry's father Thomas, who had never been much of a supportive father in Harry's life at all.

His reaction to the pregnancy wasn't a surprise to either of us but I remember Harry being extremely angry at his father.

Thomas would rant about how much of a disappointment Harry had always been and would constantly remind Harry of what he'd preferred him to do.

And Harry having a child at such a young age he said further proved his point.

One thing was wanting Harry to join sports, which Harry tried to get into for the sake of his father but decided to quit because he just wasn't enjoying it.

But of course Harry being the multitalented human he is- had a passion for singing.

I'd heard him sing only a number of times throughout our relationship. Whether it were his little hums while he showered or when he would sing along to a song on the radio, there was no doubt he sounded absolutely incredible.

Sometimes, I wonder what he could've accomplished if he'd approached that route.

Harry had once told me that at the age of 15, he'd saved up for a beautiful Martin D-28 acoustic guitar that his friend happened to be selling. He'd spent months working extra shifts at his part-time job to save up enough money.

Once he'd finally managed to get a hold of that guitar, he felt extremely excited and proud.

The feeling of finally having enough saved up for something you've been wanting for so long felt so amazing and overwhelming to him.

But not even a week later, Harry had returned from school to find his guitar smashed in the corner of his childhood bedroom.

Thomas' reasoning was that he didn't want any distractions in Harry's life. (Another thing to add in list of reasons why he doesn't like me specifically.)

Since then, Harry has never wanted to pick up another guitar.

Thomas wanted Harry to become an entrepreneur like himself.