❁ Chapter 29 | harry

Nina is awestruck looking at the picnic setup I had for us

Nina is awestruck looking at the picnic setup I had for us. It was right above the cliff and the sunset was starting to go down, making the view even more pleasing fo view.

A gray sheet was sprawled across the grassy area where a basket full of sandwiches and fruit sat. Plates, napkins, utensils, wine and a variety of snacks out for us to eat.

"You did this?" Nina says softly.

I nod proudly. "Yeah. Well, I had a little bit of help from Casey but it was my idea."

Nina slowly starts to get closer to the setup and I feel overjoyed and proud to make her smile like that. "Do you like it?" I ask.

Nina is a little too speechless to say anything for a few seconds before she lets out a dry laugh. "Do I like it? Harry, this is beautiful. I love it."

My heart warms instantly and I let out a sigh of relief as I walk past her, taking a seat on the sheet in a cross-cross position. I look up at her, watching her mouth still jaw drop open making me chuckle. "Well, are you just gonna leave me to have a meal on my own or you gonna join me, angel?"

Nina grins getting closer and kneeling down beside me.

"Look we've got sandwiches, kiwis, cherry's, watermelon, strawberries...I think I might've bought every fruit the market had."

Nina lets out a laugh before nodding. "I think so too."

"And I've got wine..." I continue. "And even some grape soda!" I finish excitedly.

Grape soda played an important roll in our relationship.

Sounds cheesy, but when we'd met we both reached for the most under appreciated soda on this planet, it became our thing.

"Oh, the best." Nina sparked up.

"Only the finest for you." I smile popping open a can of the fizzy drink and pouring it into her wine glass she's held up.

After pouring some soda into my own glass, I lift it against Nina's before smiling widely. "To what?"

"To us?" I question.

"To us." She repeats clinking the glass against mine and chugging it down. "That's so good." She hums in pleasure.

Drinking mine, I nod in agreement before setting the glass down.

"What kind of wine is that?" Nina points at the bright wine yellow bottle across from us.

"Joanne..." I read the label, "Dunno to be quite honest. The guy at the shop told me it was getting popular. 'Sweet enough to leave the aftertaste of happiness on your lips' is all he told me."