❁ Chapter 52 | nina

Arriving to the place Harry grew up was something that always made my heart burst

Arriving to the place Harry grew up was something that always made my heart burst. He had the same expression every year we'd pull up to his childhood home.

His eyes would go wide and bright, his dimpled smile was one that he was trying so hard to hide but was definitely visible. It was clear that he couldn't contain his excitement every time he'd see his mom and sister.

And that's exactly the sight that was right beside me.

We'd taken an Uber from the airport, all three of us in the backseat while Lennon was leaning against Harry's shoulder sleepily. I reach over and grab his hand right above his knee, drawing his attention away from his window, he gives me a small smile before squeezing my hand. I watch him bring it up to his lips, placing a gentle kiss and making my heart flutter before the car finally makes a stop.

We grab our things, making our way towards the doorstep when we're met with the door opening widely right away, Harry's mother right in the doorway with a grin on her face.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you all have made it safely!" Anne says excitedly, opening her arms for Harry. "I've missed you so so much."

"Hi, mum." Harry returns a hug, wrapping his arms around her in a tight and warm hug when suddenly he pulls away with a chuckle. "Please, don't cry." He says.

"I'm sorry- I do this every time. I know." She chuckles and sniffles. "I'm just excited to see my babies, that's all."

She then turns to Lennon, squeezing her even tighter and placing a giant kiss onto her cheek. "You've gotten so big!"

"Hi, Anne." I smile at her as she quickly walks over to me to wrap me up in a hug. She compliments me about how much more gorgeous I'd gotten, while she tried her very best to keep herself together before letting us inside.

"Please, come in!" She says when we make our way towards her couch.

It was always such a warm feeling walking into Harry's old house. It was a place that made you feel instantly welcome and loved.

Walking in, the instant smell of citrus and lavender filled the air. It was a lot warmer inside than the cold winter weather out. The house was filled with a white and grey color scheme, frames of Harry and Gemmas childhood filling the walls. From baby pictures to pictures of them as a teenagers, they were always really nice to look at. Sometimes I'd wish I'd known Harry back then.

"Where's Gem?" Harry questions, placing the suitcases by the door and sitting down on the pearl white couch with Lenny by his side.