17

His mom greeted me with a friendly smile and a hand. I took It and smiled back at her. "Mom this is my friend Brenda. Brenda this is my mom." Scott said. I let go of her hand. "Call me Stacey. Is lovely to meet you Brenda. Make yourself at home." His mom said. "Thank you. It's nice to meet you to." Next was his dad.

Let me just say his dad either hates everything, or hates me, or his son. I tired to put out a hand to shake it but he just stood there. "Um.....hi mr.Ethan my names Brenda and-" "I know your name." He interrupted. I put my hand at my side. Scott came up and grabbed me by my shoulders from behind and turned me around. "Don't try and talk to him. He doesn't like it when I bring friends over." He let go of my shoulders and we sat at the table. "How
Many friends have you ever brought over?" I asked. "Warren and you." He said simply. "Oh." Stacey sat a big bowl of mac & cheese on the table. Along with chiken. I didn't know why there was so much since there was only four of us. But my question was answered once a little girl sat down at the table. She had to be only seven or six ears old. She was beautiful. She had long brown hair. That was wavy. Bright blue eyes. Tannish and pale skin. I smiled at her. "What's your name?" I asked. "Who me?" She asked. "Yea you. What's your name?" She smiled. "My names Kylie. But most people call me Ky for short. What's your name?" She asked. We started getting our food. I got a lot. I was starving. I hope they didn't mind. "My names Brenda." I said still smiling at the girl. "What do people all you for short?" She asked tucking her hair behind her ear. "I don have a nickname. You think you can make one up for me?" She nodded and grinned big. "Yea! I'll call you......brin." She said. I laughed. "Okay. I like that." She started eating her food. As did I. "I have nicknames for everyone. Like for daddy it's mr. Grumpy pants. And for Moma it's cc. And for bubba....I call him num nuts." She laughed. I almost choked on my food. I laughed more than ever and coughed as I held my hand I my mouth and looked over at Scott. He was shaking his head and ginning while looking down at his food. I kept laughing. "I like you." I said smiling and nodding. "I like you to brin." She she smiled. Everyone was smiling now.....except his dad.

We finished and ky took Scott to the living room to read a story to her. I offered to help clean the dishes with Stacey. She said no at first. Then I convinced her to let me help. "So are you good friends with Scott?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. "Yea." I said. "That's good because at his old school he never had many friends. Ha also got bullied a lot. I'm glad he's found two good friends." My smiled turned to a frown. "He got bullied?" I asked looking up at her. She frowned also and nodded. "Yea. He would come home everyday crying about how the boys at school would either make fun of him or hurt him. That's one reason we moved." She said. "Now go in there with him, I'll finish up the dishes." She said taking the plate from my hand. "Thanks again for having me at dinner." I said before going into the living room. She was on his lap and looking at the pictures of Beauty and the beast while he read it to her. I smiled and sat down beside them. "And they all lived happily ever after." Scott said kissing her forehead. She smiled. "Can you tuck me in?" She asked. He closed the book and sat in on the coffee table. "Sure ky." he smiled. He put her on his side as she wrapped her legs around his side and arms around his neck. He started walking upstairs. "Wait. Can brin come to?" She asked. He looked back at me. I stood. "Oh course I will." I walked behind them up the stairs.

He laid her down on the bed and pulled the covers up to her neck. She sat in the middle as me and Scott sat on the other sides. He put his arm on my side and it helped him stay propped up. She had another copy of the book on her bed. Saw grabbed it and opened it. "This book is my favourite book. It reminds me of you two." She looked away from the book and at us. I looked over at scoot who was already looking at me. He was way more closer to me than I thought. It was inches away from mine. I smiled. He did also. I looked back at ky. still grinning like an idiot. "Why does it remind you of us?" Scott asked. "Because the beauty is Brenda and the beast is you." I laughed loud again at that. Scott jut smiled and shook his head at me and ky. ky smiled and laughed to. "Man I wish I had a sister like you." I said. I finally calmed down. Scott leaned to her and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight ky. love you." He said. "Night num nuts. Love you to." She said. I was about to get up when he grabbed my arm. "Can I he a hug?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. She leaned up and threw her arms around my neck. Mine around her back. "My brother likes you." She whispered. I looked over at Scott. "I like him to. But don't let him know that." I whispered back. She pulled away and smiled. "Night brin." "Night ky. I'll see you soon okay?" She nodded and laid back down. I stood up and me and scott left the room.

We went downstairs and he told his parents he'd drive me home. We got in the car and I still smiled. He stayed the act and drives away. "What are you smiling at?" He asked. Yet HE was smiling. I turned to him. "Your little sisters funny." I said. He shook his head. "Yea she is. She's awesome. And I think she gets that from me." We laughed. "Yea right. She makes up some awesome nicknames. Num nuts." I laughed. "Laugh all you want." We laughed and talked all the way to my house. Once we got there...I saw my dads car.