18

"Shit." I whispered. "Is that your dads car?" Scott asked. "Yea. It is." Look just drop me off and let me handle it. I he knows I was out with you then it will only make things worse. Please." I begged. He thought a minute. Then sighed. "Fine. But text me everything that happens okay?" He said. I nodded. "Thanks Scott." I shut the door and ran to my front steps.

I heard his car leave the driveway. I opened the door slowly and glance at the clock. 10:03. Shit. And I'm late. I'm suppose to always be home before nine thirty on week days. Ten on weekends. I shut the door and my mom came up and hugged me. "Oh my gosh Brenda! You have me a heart attack! Where were you!? We were about to call the cops!" She pulled away. "I just...... Went out to dinner." Jared popped up. "With Scott?" He was surprisingly calm. "No." I said holding my arm with one hand and looking at the floor. "How dare you lie to us also!" My mom slapped my face. I gasped. She had never done that before. I'm guessing its because of jared. I held my very with one hand. "Mom....how-" "go to your room, now! Your grounded for a mouth! And don't even think about turning on your tv because we already disabled it!" My mom said pointing up the stairs. I cried as I held my face and ran upstairs. I went in my room and locked the door after closing it. I jumped on my bed and buried my face in a pillow. And cried.

My mom hit me. Hard. No, she slapped me. Hard enough to draw a little blood. She had never slapped me. Or hit me. Other than spanking me when I was little. I cried for almost an half hour before my phone went off. I sniffed and rolled over on my back. I grabbed my phone and saw Scott had texted me.

Scott: how much trouble are you in?

Me: a lot. And they don't even know about me fighting. They'll figure that out after the conference tomorrow.

I wasn't sure if I Should tell him about my mom slapping me. After a few minutes.....I decided.

Me:.....and my mom.....slapped me

Scott: what?!

Me: yea.....🙍

Seconds later my phone rang. I liked it up to hear Scott's voice
"Are you kidding me?"
"No. She slapped me. Hard to. She never done this before. I think it was partially Jared's fault."
"She can't slap you though! She can whip you or spank you but slapping you?! I'm not going to just let this slide Brenda. So don't try and stop me."
"Please Scott. Don't do anything stupid."
"Fine."
It was quiet for a minute until I said "I wish I could be at your house."
"I can come get you."
"No. I don't want to be I more trouble. Or get you in trouble."
"Then I'm coming over there."
"Scott-"
"Brenda I won't get caught. I can run over there as a wolf and be so fast. And they will think I'm asleep. We just need to be quiet."

I didn't say anything for a minute.
"Okay. Get here quick."

Five minutes later he jumped on my roof. I opened the window to let him in. He jumped into my room, shirtless. "Are you okay? Are you bleeding? Bruises?" He said touching my arms and cheek. "No I'm fine Scott. Stop worrying so much." I said pulling his hand from my face. "I cant help it. I feel the need to protect you." He was at a whisper now. He slowly moved his hand to my cheek again. I didn't move it. He was close......but not close enough. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. Ive been longing for this moment. the moment where our lips met. And i could tell by how passionately he kissed me, he had been waiting to. His arms wrapped around my back. My fingers got tangled in his hair. His hands moved down below my butt and picked up my legs. I wrapped them around his waist. He pushed me up against a wall. I heard something fall and break loudly, but we didn't really notice that much. I still kept a right grip on my hands and legs. His hands moved to my back. He kept his balance as he moved us onto my bed. He was on top of me but didn't have his weight on me. My legs still wrapped around his waist. He trapped my hands on the upper part of the bed with his. He groaned as I bit his lip. He moved away one of his hands and slid it up my shirt slowly. I grabbed his hand and pulled away a little bit. "I'm not ready." I whispered. He smiled. "That's okay." He whispered back while putting his forehead to Mine. His one hand still held down mine. We smiled and stared at each other until we heard someone coming up this stairs. He let go of my hand and jumped off. Then opened the window and closed it right as my door opened. "What was all that ruckus in here?!" Jared yelled. I then saw that when he pushed me into the wall, a glass vase fell and broke. I jumped out of bed and bent down to it. "I'm so sorry jared it won't happen again." I stood up with glass pieces in my hand and dropped them in the trash can. He came over and slapped me. Hard enough to where I fell on the floor. "Can't you ever learn!? Dammit Brenda! Just fucking listen to us and we won't have to do this!"
He yelled before stomping out of my room and closing it shut. How did he get in? My door was locked. I was about to cry. It hurt like hell. Then Scott jumped back through the window.

He came to my side and pulled me up to my feet. "Oh my gosh are you okay? What did he do to you?" He asked. My nostrils flared. "Same as my mom." Speaking made me cry. I closed my eyes as Scott pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his Sides. He a wrapped his around my back. "I'm so so sorry Brenda. I should've jumped trough THat window right when I heard a bang on the floor. I'm so sorry I let you down." I shook my head on his Chest as tears made his chest wet. "It's not your fault Scott. You didn't know. Stop telling yourself that it's your fault if I get hurt. Because its not." His chin dug into my head. "But If I was-" I pulled back a little bit and pulled him into a kiss. My arms wrapped around his neck. He moved his to my back. I pulled away from him just enough to where I was still touching his forehead and noses. I smiled and laughed a little bit. "You need to go." I whispered. "Why don't I stay a little bit longer?" He said kissing me again.