22

I gasped. I heard everyone around us do the same. There was blood all over her stomach. Fresh. Scott licked his lips and accidentally squeezed my hand really hard. I let go. He pulled at his hair like he was going to rip it out. He quickly ran back outside and into his car. I followed. He didn't drive he just sat there, with his hands in his face and elbows on the steering wheel. I climbed I to the passenger seat and put a hand on his shoulder. He wanted that blood. "Scott. Calm down. I know-" "don't Brenda. I know okay? i know your trying to help. But like I said before. Only warren can help at times like this." He said obviously frustrated. "What about when you tackled me? The first time. You calmed down then." He didn't move at all. "Yea but that time There was no visible blood. I see that girls blood and that's all I want right now. I need warren." He said. I took my hand off his shoulder and put my hand on the door handle. "I'll go get-" he spun up and grabbed my wrist. "No. Don't leave. Text him. I need you to stay here. I smell your dad." I moved my hand from the door handle and looked at him. His face was close. I saw his blue/red eyes. I nodded. "Okay." I picked up my phone and texted warren.

Me: you need to get to school fast! Scott said he smelt my dad and there is a dead girl in our school and Scott is forcing himself with all his will to not go eat it. Get here quick!

It wasn't to long before warren showed up at Scott's truck. He looked worried or scared. Or both. He banged on Scott's door. "Dude lets go. Now." Warren said. Scott got out of the car and pulled me with him. His hand never left mine. And at the worst time, it started raining. So now, not only were we running into the forest, but we were also getting drenched. He pulled me as he was in front of me. Warren in front of him. "Where are we going?!" I yelled over the rain. "We need to get far enough away to where we can't smell the blood! We are almost there!" Warren yelled. A few minutes later we finally stopped. I let go of Scott's hand and put both of mine on my knees as I bent down out of breath. "Why did I come?" I said In between deep breaths. They seemed just fine though. "Because Mariadn is looking for you. That's why they set that up. They mad it look like werewolf's doings. I know her work more than anyone. And she's after you. Daniel wasn't you to become his queen. That's why she wants you."

"What?!" I yelled standing straight. "Don't try know how to accept a rejection?" I asked finally breathing normal again. Scott and warren stood there staring at me like I was crazy. "No. Not really." "Ugh!" I threw my hands in the air and sat down on a log. The rain pouring down. Scott sat beside me. His shampoo smell turned to wet dog. But I didn't really care once he put his fingers in between mine and held on tight. I leaned my head on his shoulders. "I'm sorry Brenda. This is all my fault." Scott said. "Don't say your sorry Scott. Even if you weren't here, warren would spill and if be on the same position." I said. He leaned his ear to the top of my head. Then sighed. "Woah. When did you two become so touchy with one another?" Warren spat. I smiled and bit my lip. I couldn't tell if Scott was smiling. "Shut up." Scott said. Warren laughed. We stayed there until it stopped raining.

We were walking back. "Are you two dating?" Warren asked after a while. I smiled again and looked at my hand tied with his. He did the same. We followed the gaze from our hands, up our arms, and to our eyes. He was smiling also. "So are you two going to answer or keep staring at each other like your about to have sex. Because I don't think that's gonna happen." Warren said. I turned to look at him and rolled my eyes. "Yes we're dating. Happy now?" I said. "Sure. You can call it that."

We got back to the school. We went to the door but they had closed it down. Warren drove himself home. Me and Scott went back his truck. Still soaking wet. "So are we going to my house to wash up or yours?" I asked. He started the truck and drove away before answering. "Yours. You have two showers right?" He asked. "Yea. But don't you need to pick up some cloths?" I asked. "Yea. We'll stop by my house and pick them up." I leaned against the window as blurs of green passed past. The window was cold. But I didn't care.

When we were almost there he grabbed my opposite shoulder and pulled me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his side and dug my face into his chest. His chin dug into the top of my head as we pulled to a stop at his driveway. "I'm sorry Brenda. I know you don't want me to say that but I am. Don't tell me not to say that. Because I'm not going to listen. If I didn't show up you wouldn't be wanted by them." He said. "What? What does knowing you have anything to get me for?" I asked looking up into his eyes. He sighed. "Because they know that I want you. And they love taking from the new bloods. And if they have you and your not one of them, then they can get me. They want me because......they're working with your stepdad." My mouth dropped. "What? I thought he was the alpha." I asked. "He is. Doesn't mean he won't work with mariadn." I closed my eyes and shook my head as I dug it into his chest.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. I told myself while clenching Scott's shirt. I didn't listen to myself. I cried. But barley to where Scott heard. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me to where he could see my face. "Hey, don't cry. Please. It's makes me sad." He pushed his forehead to mine. "I'm sorry. I just can't believe all this is happening. I just......I don't even know anymore." He rested his hand on my cheek. It was cold, and wet. But I loved it. "It's okay to not know. I don't know either. But I do know one thing. I want you more than anything in the world. I'm latched to you wither you like it or not. I won't let you go no matter how much you let me or push me away." I smiled. "I won't ever......push you away." I pushed my lips to his. Our lips were attached together. Just as his hand ran up my back. Mine went down his chest. Then went back up to cup my hands on his face. His tangled my hair. We kissed for a good five minutes before we Leaned away. We breathed hard. And smiled big. I laughed a tiny bit and pushed him further away. I was back in my normal seat and so was he. "I think you should go get your cloths so we can wash up." I said. He rolled his eyes and opened the door.

After he got his cloths and we got back to my house I ran upstairs to use my bathroom. He used my parents. They weren't home since it was only like 11:00. We practically skipped school. I got out of the shower and got dressed in a black sweater that the sleeves went to the edge of my fingers. But went right to my waist. If I raised my arm, you would be able to see my whole stomach. Then some ripped white skinny jeans. The slipped on my red converses. Then I noticed.... The claw marks on my wrists. They were purple. And it looked horrible. I quickly covered them with my sleeves and went out the door. I dried my hair quick and slid my phone into my pocket. It took me about thirty minutes to dry my hair and brush it.

"You dry your hair?" Scott asked as he appeared at the doorframe. He Leaned against it with the left side of his body and crossed his arms. "Yea. It's freezing outside. I'm not going out there with wet hair." I said standing up. "Good point." He slid a hand through his wet hair to part it. The slung it to the side. Sending water come my way. "Well we better get going." I said walking out the door. I was about to slide by him when his hand crossed over and grabbed my waist. I looked over beside me. He smiled. "You really know how to make me tempted don't you?" Yea my shirt was short but it's not like he was getting up in it. "It's not for you. It's my outfit. That's your fault if you can't keep your eyes off girls." I didn't now hand though. Neither did he. He jut moved right in front of me and placed the other hand on the other side of my waist. "I can keep my eyes off girls." He said stepping really close to me. "Your staring at me right now and I'm a girl." The corner of his mouth perked up. "But your not like ordinary girls. Your the one who can catch my eye from miles away." I smiled. He started leaning in to kiss me. Once he was an inch away I put my hand on his mouth and smiled at him. "I don't think your getting anywhere right now. Come on. Lets go." I grabbed his hand and pulled him all the way to the truck.