37

"No!" Scott yelled as Daniel fell away from me. I fell to the ground and held my neck tightly. I felt the marks where he had started to bite me but no blood. It still hurt like hell though. So I screamed. My vision was starting to go blurry. And I was seeing things. Then I blacked out.

-----------------------------------

It was me and my dad. A memory. Of when we were little. On the field playing soccer. We looked so happy. Even my mom was out there playing with us. How much I missed that. How much I missed dad. He was a good man. A great job. A great family. Maybe if he was still alive I wouldn't be in this mess. But on the other hand I would've never met Scott. Scott.

-------------------------------------

"Brenda?" A soft voice said. My eyes still were closed in darkness. I couldn't tell where I was. But it seemed familiar. I didn't know how long I was out. But it seemed like a brief five minutes. I opened my eyes to see a worried Scott hovering above my head. I smiled at the sight of him. "Scott."

He smile at me. "Your awake." He pulled me to a sitting position and hugged me. I hugged back. I looked around. We were in a different room. And I was lying on the floor on some blankets. "Where are we?" I asked looking around the tiny space. "Storage closet. I brought you here after you got knocked out. Luckily he hadn't turned you yet. I stopped him just in time. I Had to wash our sent away so they wouldn't find us. So I washed you in the shower with your cloths. Then brought you here." He said. He was sitting right beside me. I sighed and grabbed his one arm with both of mine and squeezed tight. "Hey. What's wrong? Once the sun comes up we can leave and find them. What are you worried about?" He asked moving his arm from my hands and putting it over my back.

"I'm afraid of you getting hurt. I'm afraid of not finding then. I'm afraid of Daniel finding us. Fuck Scott, I'm afraid of everything." He moved me to where I was sitting on his lap. Facing him. With both my legs wrapped around his waist. His arms held up my back. He also put our heads together. "That's the thing Brenda. Your not afraid when your around me.......are you?" He asked. "No. You make me feel safe. Anywhere and everywhere we go together." He smiled. "That's what I want to make you feel. I also want you to feel loved, wanted, and special." He whispered. I smiled now.

I moved my hands that were at his shoulders to cup around his face. Then moved forward to kiss him. He did the same in return. His hands moved from my back, down below my butt. Which was right were my shorts stopped. Mine moved to his chest and pushed him over. Now, I know we should't have been making out at that time, but we had to wait till morning to leave anyway. And right now, I didn't really care. I just wanted to at least be with him. This was better.

A couple minutes later we heard an explosion down the hall that made us both perk up. I moved my legs from the sides of his waist so he could sit up. "What was that?" I whispered. "I don't know. But I hope it Doesn't get closer." He whispered back. I turned to him. "I'm tired." I whispered. He smiled and laid down. "I'll protect you." I smiled and laid down with him.

His front was against my back. One arm laid under my neck while the other draped across my side and had a hold of my hand. I smiled and soon fell asleep.

-------------------------------------

"Come on Brenda. Wake up." I could tell that voice was Scott. I slowly opened my eyes. He was hovering over me with his hands on my shoulders.

I slowly sat up. "Come on. We can sneak out that window. Hurry because I hear them coming." He said helping me to my feet. "Okay." I whispered looking over at the window. We walked over to it. It was one of those windows were you can barely fit through. Like the ones in basements.

I sighed. "You can fit Brenda. Don't worry." He got in his knees and put his hand over one. "Step on here and I'll hoist you up." He said. I put my foot in his hand and grabbed the top of the window. "One....two.....three." He pushed me up and I went through the window.

I fell on the ground. It hurt a little but I got over it quick. I got over it with a new pain. From Scott falling on my back.

"Sorry." He said jumping up. He quickly pulled me to my feet. Then started running. I followed. Man he ran fast. But at least I could keep up. "Where are we going?" I asked jumping over a fallen tree.

"Away from there. I can smell them close to us. Get on my back." He said. "What?! But your running!" I said. "I know!" He said. I sighed and jumped on his back as he ran. As soon as I thought he was going to fall he jumped into the air and shifted to his wolf form.

And now I was holding onto the fur of a brown and black haired wolf. My hair spun back. The nearby branches slapped my face and left tiny scratches. It hurt for a split second. It was really hard to keep a hold of his fur. Mainly because he was running so fast. I heard faint growling noises from my sides.

I looked around and didn't see anything at first. Then saw a blonde wolf come from the side. Carrying two girls. Warren! "Scott! Follow warren!" I yelled. Scott turned his direction towards warren. I could hear people following us from behind. But I didn't dare turn back.

After a while I could hear the small sound of water. A stream! Warren must have thought the same thing because he ran right to it and jumped in. It was pretty strong. Scott had trouble holding himself up as he crossed it.

Once we all were across we laid on the land soaking wet and turned to the opposite side. The vampires stood there not daring to get near the water. Was it deadly for them? I scrambled to my feet. Scott already stood behind me. "Why won't they cross?" I asked. "Holy water. it will kill them." warren answered. I saw Bella and Ky at the corner of my eyes and pulled them both into a hug.

"Man how much we missed you." Bella said. "Like a lot." Ky finished as we all pulled away. I smiled at them then warren came and hugged me. Of course I hugged back. "Man you two scared the living shit out of me when you disappeared." I tried pulling away but he kept me at his chest. Which didn't have a shirt on it. Along with Scott. "Sorry we got kidnapped by a maniac vampire who can't take no as an answer." I said. He finally let me go and I dropped my hands to my sides. Scott walked up beside me.

"Yea. Anyway. Come on. We need to get to the hideout." We started walking. I didn't know where, but somewhere through the woods. Scott grabbed my hand as Ky grabbed his other. "We have to sleep there for tonight. Then we can go back home. Maridn should call off the search for us by then. But once Daniel see's us at school he'll tell her. But they won't do anything at school. Everyday we have to come back to this stream. They won't got five feet near it."

Well that's nice to know. I think I'll just start sleeping here. But....me and Scott both know a way to end this. And we were both thinking the same thing.