41

I know how much I disliked jared. but he WAS a part of my family. I knew that. And he is the alpha. So I ran to him. My mom was already there. "Jared. Jared!" I yelled. Scott was soon there.

"Come on jared. Get up." Scott said leaning down next to me. My mom had her hand on his red chest. Very red. She lifted her had from her husbands chest and put it to her face to try and cover her mouth. But she stopped when she realised what her hand looked like.

It was covered in red, gooey, lose blood. She cried out and weeped. I put my index and middle finger to hair neck. Barely a pulse. His eyes barley opened. "I.....approve. I.....give you....my blessing, new... Alpha." Jared spoke.

He just gave me permission to be with Scott and closed his eyes. His pulse wen town until there was just is lifeless body. My mother cried and threw we hands and head on his body. And cried her eyes out.

"Brenda? He just-" "I know Scott." I said cutting him off. He nodded slightly and looked back at dead jared. It felt wrong to see my stepdad die and not cry. But I ha only known him half a year. Where as my mom knew him for five. I hope mom wouldn't care that I didn't even shred a single tear.

Soon Scott's family was standing around us. He stood. "He's gone." I smelt fear, nervous, and responsibility in his voice. Which made me worried. My mom stood now. Wiping tears and make up from her face. "Call warren. We have to get him before nature cleans him up." I looked one last time at jared.

He was already starting to get covered by dirt, leaves, and other things. "No." I said. Every eye around me stopped at me. Which only made me more scared to tell them "he's already being buried by nature. If you want to say one last goodbye then now is your only chance."

My mom and Scott looked surprised. Well, I am at myself also. But i Am a werewolf now. i knew it was time to start actin like it. But they nodded and started saying their goodbyes. My mom was first. I waited quietly by the dead body. Luckily it was more towards the forest then right out in the middle of the park.

It was Scott's turn now. I was the only one who hadn't gone. "I know we never started out liking each other mr. Conner. We in fact hated each other in the beginning. But I've grown to like you. And I wish i could've done something. I will take good care of your daughter. I promise."

He looked up at me and slightly smiled. I nodded and he left. I sighed and brant down to his body. Which was now covered by dirt.

"Jared. I know we never really got along. I know I would purposely make you mad and get on your nerves. I know that. I wouldn't think id be saying bye to you so soon.

"I thought I'd be in my fortes before you died. I wish you didn't go so soon. I miss you already. Telling me what to do. Who to hand out with. And many other things that make me mad. But it all makes since now.

"I know you only did those things to save me. Protect me. Make me stronger. I won't ever let you down again." I was crying now. I stood. "I love you jared." I said. I wiped away some of my tears. Then something beautiful happened.

I now stood in front of a willow tree. It was green. A bright, colourful green. It made me smile. "Smart jared." I whispered taking a leaf. I turned around and my mom smiled at me.

I smiled back and ran up to her. I hugged her tightly as she did the same in return. "I knew you would one day." She whispered. I nodded. Then pulled away. She clapped et hands together quietly. "Now......we have to move on. Don't get mad. This happens. But the most important thing is to get the alpha and Luna." She said.

"Luna?" I asked. She smiled. "You. The alphas queen. He picked Scott to be the alpha. So we need a Luna." She said. "But... Wasn't there a Luna before?" I asked. "Me. But now my alphas dead and he already picked a new alpha. Which is Scott. Now he must find a Luna and become the alpha." I immediately turn to Scott.

He smiled when he saw me looking at him. "I already know my luna." He said. I smiled. "Then the quicker we get the wedding, the better." We both turn to my mother. "Wedding?" I asked. She nodded. "Yes darling. And if your asking because of your age then don't worry, because in wolf minds, your not seventeen. Your one hundred nineteen. And he's not eighteen in wolf mind, he's one hundred twenty six."

My mouth dropped open. "So this is a normal age to get married for wolves. I can have it set up in two days. you two, don't do anything but invite people and answer our questions. Also try on clothing." She said.

She sounded like she got over Jared's death pretty quick. But having an alpha and a luna must be VERY important. They are the leaders of a pack. I'm guessing.

"Now. Lets go. They might be after us next."