23

We got to his house about ten or five teen minutes later. Then went inside. Ky was at school. And his parents were at work. So we had the whole house to ourselves. He unlocked the door with his key and we walked inside. I shut the door behind me.

"I really like your family. I wish I had a little sister like yours." I said. "Hey don't feel bad. All families have their good sides, and bad sides." He sat down on the edge of the couch. I sat down beside him. "Then what's yours?" I asked looking at him. He looked at me and smiled. "The bad side is they both have to work. And they get home late. And my dad moves a lot. He takes us with him even though he barley even talks to us." "Why Doesn't he like you guys?" I asked. He sighed and frowned. "Well.....he just.....I don't know his deal. He just never really treats us like family. Even though we're blood related. He acts like we were an accident. Like having us was a mistake.........and sometimes I think I am." I grabbed his hand. "No. Don't let him tell you that. Or think that. Your not a mistake. Don't ever think that Scott. I know for a fact me and your sister don't think that of you. Your sister loves you to death." He smiled a little bit. "Do you?" Oh no. Do i? Do I.....love Scott? How am I suppose to know? What am I suppose to say? Okay just don't answer yet. And I didn't. I grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him.

Our tongues danced. His hand moved to my face. Mine to his neck. He moved one hand to my back and pulled me into his lap. My back and but rested on his legs as we continued kissing.

The doorbell rang around five minutes later. I jumped off him and the couch. We breathed hard but tried not to show it. I looked at Scott as he slowly apprehend the door. He opened it and warren came in. He ran in and slammed and locked the door shut. He was shirtless. He leaned his back against the door. He clenched his teeth and eyes.

"Dude you alright?" Scott asked putting a hand on warrens shoulder. He opened his eyes. "Not really." Scott looked up at me, then back at warren. "What's wrong?" I asked. Warren looked up at me. Then turned his back to us. There was big open scratches covering his back. Luckily there wasn't a lot of blood. But it looked terrible. I walked over to him. His hands were up against the door as his back stuck out. I put my hand on his back. "Oh my gosh. What happened?" I asked. He looked over his shoulders to try and see me. I let my hand rub all his scratches. "Your stepdad. I almost caught him. I saw him with mariadn. They saw me. They sent two of his servant wolves to get me. They got me some then I ran. I didn't stop until they got here. I don't think there following me anymore." He said. I let my hand go as he turned around. "My stepdad? He's working for mariadn? We're you trying to kill him?" I asked. He shook his head. "No. I can't kill the alpha. I wasn't chose by him. If anyone wants the alpha dead, it has to be by someone he picked. Scott was just one of them. And yes. He is working for mariadn. I don't know why. He is a werewolf and she's a vampire. She wants you so I don't know how working for her would contribute to your safety. Unless he tells her wrong things so she Doesn't find you. That's probably why she hasn't found you until now. Wait a minute......that's it! He picked new bloods to fight against mariadn! He's not working for her at all. He's playing her."

He smiled at his new discovery. "Wait so......he's not the bad guy?" I asked. "Hell no! If what I think is true, then he's playing her to keep them away from you. And until all his wolves are together. Then he'll use them to fight mariadn and her vampires." Mine and Scott's mouth were wide open. Warren said one last thing before leaving. "I saw you two by the way." He smiled and ran out the door.

I still had my mouth wide open. "Well that was good to know. Now I don't have to kill him. And hopefully he won't kill me for dating you." Scott said.i closed my mouth. "We can't tell him that. He freaks out over warren coming over. How do you think dating a werewolf would be for him? We aren't telling him." He smiled. "As long as I can still be with you." He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. I kept my arms at his and my chest as I held his neck. I smiled before kissing him.

Half an hour later we were playing call of duty on the Xbox. I beat him three rounds and he beat me once. I laid my head in his lap while we played. His arms draped on my shoulders. I beat him again. "I'm letting you win." He said. I smiled and looked up at him. We both smiled. "Well your over here yelling no. And shaking your controller." He pressed his lips together and looked back at the screen. "Lets just play another round. I'll beat you this time." I laughed and started playing.

We played for a long time before getting up and eating. We ate TV dinners while watching TV on the couch. We had a lot of fun just doing all that. we laughed and talked the whole time. We cleaned them up and then his mom and sister walked in. Ky took one look at me and ran up to me. She jumped in my arms as I picked her up and spun her around. She laughed. I smiled. "Brin!" She yelled. I held her at my side. My arms wrapped around we as hers wrapped around my neck. "Yea and I'm still coming back Saturday. You going to your brothers football practice?" I asked. She shook we head. "Yep! He's gonna beat some butt!" I laughed. Scott came and grabbed her away from my side, to his. "Hey little sis." He said kissing her forehead. "Hey big bubba." Se said grabbing his neck. I smiled again and turned to his mom. She wiped ran off her umbrella. I hadn't even notice it was raining.

"Damn that rain." He said under her breath and walking into the kitchen. "Oh hi Brenda. I wasn't expecting you to be over for dinner. I'm just about to get the lasagna started." She quickly hugged me and went to the fridge. "You kids go and wait for dinner. It should be done in about an hour." She said. Me and Scott walked into the living room. Scott put down ky. "so are you coming tomorrow?" She asked. "I'm sorry but I'm not. Scott's coming but it's for him and my stepdad. I would love to bring you but I can't. I'm sorry." "It's fine. I know you won't break your promise about Saturday. And when you do come, can we play dress up? You can bring dresses and make up. And we'll have so much fun." I nodded. "Of course I will."

After ky was done showing me her doll collection it was time for dinner. She had an amazing collection. They were the glass dolls. Beautiful and elegant dresses and hair. He had so many of them. We went to the dining room to eat. I sat beside Scott and in front of ky. Stacey beside her. We started eating.

"So Brenda, have you ever seen Scott play football?" Stacey asked. "Yea I went to his tryouts and I'm going to his practice. He's really good. I've never seen someone play like him." I said. "Yea me and ky are going Saturday to. Are you coming back with us?" She asked. I nodded. "Yea I'll just ride there with my friend and ride back here with you guys i guess. If that's okay with you?" She smiled. "It's fine honey. Is it okay with your parents?" No. They don't even know where I am right now. "Yea." I lied. Scott grabbed my knee from under the table. I looked over at him. He was staring at me. I have him that 'what?' Face. Then returned to my food. He didn't let go of my knee though.

"So.....where's dad?" Scott asked. She sighed. "He texted me and said he was staying the night in Durham. He didn't feel like driving back so late so he's just staying the night.... Again." Scott looked upset when I looked over at him. "How much does he stay there?" I can't believe I jut asked that. She shook her head. "Don't worry about it." She said. Now the table seemed depressed. I grabbed Scott's hand that was on my knee, which made him look up at me. I nodded. Then turned back to y food.

Once we finished and played just dance for a while I had to go home. We got in his truck and started driving away. "So....why is your dad always away?" I asked. Scott shook his head. "He's just.....he says he's going away for work but.....me and my mom both know he goes away for another reason. I'm the only one who knows the real reason. He hates us. He Doesn't tell us but I can tell. But that's okay because I hate him to." I was quiet for a few minutes. "I'm sorry." I said. "Don't. I've learned to deal with him. To just not talk to him at all. The only one he talks to is mom. And even that is barely." He said shaking his head. "I didn't know. Is that what you meant by every family have there ups and downs?" I asked. "Yea. But I know I have to be there for my mom and Ky. if I'm not then who will? I can't give them up, and I won't. That's exactly how I feel about you." He said. I smiled. "Really? You won't give me up?" I asked. "If you think I'm lying, then your crazy. Now do I get another make out?" I hadn't even noticed he pulled onto the opposite side of the road of my house. I looked at my house then back at him. I smiled. "Not today lover boy." I kissed his lips lightly then opened the door and shut it on him. He leaned up Against the door with his hands on it. He shook his head and smiled. I pressed my hands against his. With the glass in between us. We both pressed our foreheads against it also. "Brenda!" Shit. I turned around. Jared stood on the porch feet away. I blocked him from seeing Scott. "I'm not late jared." I said. "Then you better get your butt in here now!" He yelled. I shook my head. "Bye Scott." I whispered before staring to walk to my house. I turned around one last time and saw Scott against the window with a worried face. I blew a kiss at him. Then turned away.