fifty : matthias

sorry for the long wait! hope you like it!

grayson's pov

everything fell silent as i watched reffda fall into my arms. i held onto her. lifting my hands up to look at them behind her, it was covered in blood. the knife that stabbed was in chantel's hand. she was shaking too but i could care less about her. i could hear her laughing evilly. this was what she wants.

and if she thinks that after this, i still want her, then, she's wrong. i'll make sure she'll be cooped up in jail for the rest of her life.

"baby, reffda. stay with me. i-i'm here. don't close y-your eyes. stay with me until the ambulance c-comes, yeah? please!" i stuttered, keeping her close to me.

a couple of policemen came and arrested chantel. i might have to go down the police station after this but right now, the important one is reffda.

"sir, the ambulance will arrive in five minutes. for the time being, apply pressure to the wound on her back." one of the policemen said, handing me a towel.

"g-grayson?" i heard a soft call for me.

i looked at reffda to see her smiling weakly at me. her hands lifted up to touch my face. her eyes were glossy, looking as if she was about to cry.

"yes? i'm here, babe. what do you need?"

"i-i'm sorry. i'm sorry i-if i'm not the best w-wife that you could e-ever ask for." she said quietly, coughing and wincing at the pain. "if i don't s-survive today, p-please take care o-of indigo and benson."

"n-no. you were the best person that entered my life. please, i don't want you to leave me. you have to stay strong."

"i'm trying, gray. but if i don't promise m-me, that you will do every– everything that i told you to do." she said, gulping and took my hand, placing it on her belly. "i'm sorry if this baby doesn't survive. i t-tried my b-best to take care of h-him. i f-failed."

"him?"

"yes, this baby is a b-boy. for now, i n-need you to keep ho-hoping for the best for the both of us. that's all i need. i-i don't know if i can s-stay awake for l-long, i can't keep my eyes o-open."

"no, no. you have to keep them open."

she gave me a sincere smile, lifting her hand up to touch my face gently.

"i love you, grayson."

and that's how she fell unconscious. i hugged her tightly in my arms. i heard the sirens. they're close. i quickly picked her up from the ground and brought her out of the house. my eyes were blurred with the tears, but i couldn't care about it.

once i was out, the ambulance arrived. they had the stretcher out and took reffda away from me.

"sir, how are you related to the patient?"

"i'm her husband."

"may i ask how this happened?"

"she was stabbed."

"alright, you can get in the ambulance after we push her in. is there anything else that i need to know about the patient?"

"she's pregnant."

reffda was pushed in the ambulance quickly and i got in as well. i held onto her hand as soon as i was next to her.

"we need to get her to the hospital pronto. don't waste any time." the paramedic said firmly, receiving a nod from the driver.

then, we made our way to the hospital. the whole trip there, i held onto my wife's hand and prayed that she will be alright. our baby will be alright. i don't want to lose anyone at this moment. as i continued praying that they will be alright, the ambulance arrived at the hospital. they opened the back door and i got out as quickly as i could.