thirteen : save me, grayson

triple update !! what do you feel? 3 updates in a day?! anyways, enjoy!!

it has been 2 hours. grayson and i have been sitting in the hospital's waiting room for any news about benson. i have been shaking a lot. my hand were entwined together and i held it in front of my mouth. i prayed that everything will be fine. i hope everything will be okay. i want, no, i need benson to be okay.

i was so stressed. so many things have been going through my mind. and all the things are negative things. i need to stop being negative. this is benson, the boy i love with all my heart. the boy that i treat like my own son.

i stood on my feet and started pacing around the room. i could feel eyes on me. but all i could think about is whether benson is okay. i need the doctor to come out and tell that he's okay and there's nothing wrong with him. a hand gripped my wrist. i jumped at the sudden contact. i turned around and found him standing in front of me with a weak smile on his face.

benson's face look like grayson. they have the same features on their face. there's no difference at all. my eyes started to water again. i just don't want anything to happen to benson.

"no, reffda. don't cry please. we need to stay strong for benson. i'm sad too. but we need to be strong for benson. i'm trying to stay strong for you and benson. and you also need to, especially after you found out about cameron." he whispered, loud enough for me to hear clearly.

when he said his name, i just burst into tears. i couldn't handle this anymore. with benson in the hands of the doctors, cameron having a baby with another woman, cameron cheating on me, me cheating on him too. it's just- so much happened.

"no, reffda. stop crying. like what i said, no matter what happen, i will always be here for you. come to me when you need someone to talk to. when you need someone to hold you. and-" he stopped, looking at me.

i looked at him, waiting for him to finish up his sentence.

"and when you need someone to love you. i will always be available. just for you and benson." he continued.

i didn't reply him. i just quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, nuzzling my face in his neck. grayson jumped at my sudden action. but he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. he pulled me closer to him. he held me tight as if he doesn't want to let me go. i know this is getting too much but grayson is nice enough to lend me a shoulder to lean on.

grayson made me feel loved. while cameron, well, it feels like he just wants to be my boyfriend for fun. and i don't appreciate it. i pulled away from him and stood next to him with a small smile on my face.

"parents or guardian of benson dolan?" a doctor called out, looking at the clipboard in his hands.

grayson and i looked at each other before going up to the doctor. for some reason, grayson was holding onto my hand. i felt butterflies in my stomach. i felt the sparks going through my body. i chose to ignore it because right now, benson is what matters to the both of us now.

"we are benson's parents. how is he, doc?" he asked, worry plastered on his face.

my heart fluttered again. god, please help me.

"he is okay but there might a problem. he has appendicitis based on the scans that we've done. his belly was swelling a little. didn't you notice that?" he asked, looking between the two of us.

"n-no. i- i just thought that h-he was growing since he has b-been eating w-well." i stuttered.

grayson squeezed my hand. i relaxed slightly.

"it's okay, mrs dolan. he's lucky that it wasn't that serious yet. he fainted as he couldn't bear the pain in his belly. it can be treated with antibiotics. no surgery is required. anyways, he's awake now and he's looking for the two of you." the doctor explained.