forty-five : vincent's

we're back in new jersey after two long weeks in australia. well that was a tiring trip. grayson didn't get to spend much time with us after that because more information about his company was leaked and he had to settle the issues. he even held a press conference to tell the truth about it.

he often complains lately on how hard it is to become the ceo of a company.

"being the ceo is the worst decision i made. i knew that being a ceo of a company was matthew's dream and i'm doing it for him. but sometimes, i feel that little regret for choosing this as my career. i can never have a peaceful life because i end up on the tv most of the time. there are lots of people always taking photos of what i'm doing. i couldn't have a normal life."

i told him to address it to the public. some people will listen and some won't.

and him being stressed out, results in him being clingy to me. he didn't even want me to go to our kids. he just wants to cuddle and kiss all night long. i don't mind but i have no idea what they're doing even though indigo is still a baby.

now, when he feels stressed out at any point of time, he will call his brother or sister to pick the kids up and take care of them. and today is one of those days. i had their bags ready early just in case because i have no idea when grayson will make the choice to call his siblings. all i need to do when grayson calls to say that someone's picking them up is to pack some of the frozen packs of milk.

the kids had just left and i'm only waiting for my husband to be back from his office. i sat on the couch and looked through my phone. i saw the news about my husband again. of course, with chantel. i couldn't careless about it.

this also part of why grayson feels stressed out. now that we're back here, chantel wants them to go out everyday so that the media knows about what they're doing. on a couple of occasion, grayson will be forced to kiss her or she'd threaten him. grayson's not afraid of chantel as a person but he's scared of photos being leaked even though they're not real or worst, she might harm us.

he could file a report against her but he doesn't want to take the risk. knowing chantel, she has people to keep eyes on him and also me. it's scary but i had to be brave for my kids and husband. things could happen in the near future and i don't know how i will feel about it.

i heard the engine of a car being shut down outside. i placed my phone aside and walked towards the front door. i opened the door to see a messy haired grayson standing there, giving me a small smile.

he dropped his bag and his coat on the ground and wrapped his arms around me tightly, lifting me off the ground. his face buried in the crook of my neck. i hugged him as tightly, inhaling his scent. i probably wouldn't get a lot of this in the future because grayson will have to go and stay with chantel too.

"how are you today, grayson?" i asked softly as we rocked back and forth in each others arms.

"i feel better now that i'm here with you."

"good, good." i answered, pulling away to get a better look at him.

"reffda, i— can you—" he stuttered, struggling to find for his words.

"hey, relax for me. take a deep breath first. then, tell me what you want to say to me."

he did as i told him and gulped before looking into my eyes.

"if i tell you to do something, will you consider about it?"

"depends on what you have to tell me." i shrugged, placing my hands on his chests.

"promise not to be mad at me?"

"promise." i responded, giving him a reassuring smile. "what is it, grayson?"