forty-three : treat you like royalty

waking up the next morning, i felt so sore everywhere. it hurts when i move. i looked to my side to see grayson still snoring lightly. a small smile played on my face as i looked at him and remembered about last night. my heart started fluttering, thinking about how gentle he was. he was always asking if i was okay throughout.

grayson's arm suddenly came around me, pulling me to him, leaving no space between us. our naked bodies touching. gosh.

"good morning, babe. how are you feeling?" he mumbled sleepily as a sleepy smile made its way to his face.

"morning, gray. i don't know. everything's hurting."

when i said that, his eyes opened quickly. his eyes were wide open and staring at me. a pout formed on his lips.

"i'm sorry. i tried to be gentle."

"it's okay. you were gentle. don't worry about it." i said, smiling softly, pushing myself up a little to kiss his cheek.

"are you sure?"

"yeah, a hundred percent."

when i moved a little, i started groaning again. damn it. it has been so long since i had sex and i totally forgot about the pain that i will experience the next day.

"today is stay in day. i'll take care of you today. i'll do everything for you today."

"you'll do that for me?"

"of course, i did this to you so it's my responsibility as your husband to take care of you a day after we had sex. the rest of the time, i'm working. it's a once in a life time kinda thing, you know."

"thank you."

"no, i should be thanking you for letting me have the chance to be your husband and show you how much i love you. thank you for giving me an amazing daughter. thank you for being a great mom to benson. i'll thank you more in the future when we make more babies." he winked, smirking which made me punch his shoulder.

he kissed my forehead softly and pulled the duvet more to cover my bare body from the cold.

"i'll let you sleep more. i'll be right here when you wake up."

i fell asleep again in a few minutes. i guess last night really tire me out because when i woke up, it was already two in the afternoon. i turned to grayson's side and he wasn't there. i looked around the room and found him talking on the phone, a serious look plastered to his face. i pretended to sleep to listen to what he was saying.

"no.. stop it. i said i will do it! why can't you give me some time?" he asked, agitated. "god damn it.. why are you so fucking stubborn? i told you for the nth time that i will do it!"

who is he talking to? and what is he going to do? the more i hear the conversation, the more curious i get. i listened to them again.

"oh, for fuck's sake, chantel."

chantel?!

"listen to me.. i told you that i will marry you, didn't i? yes.. so? what do you want now?"

marry? chantel? he's going to marry chantel? what the hell is going on right now? why is he being like this? he made this decision and decided not to tell me about it? then i thought back again to what he said a few nights ago.

"whatever that i do, it is to make you and our two kids happy. it's okay if i'm not happy, but i want the three of you to be happy."

is this what he meant? he doesn't sound happy to get married to chantel. he doesn't want to hurt me by telling me this. this has happened once before and i know chantel isn't the type to back down against other people until she gets what she wants.