three : catch me if you can!

grayson's pov

i knew that from the first day i heard her name, it was her. reffda abigail finn. the one whom i used to have a crush on in high school. she was pretty. in fact, drop dead gorgeous. and she still is. the only difference was she wasn't wearing her spectacles and braces anymore.

my brother, ethan, and i used to also tease her at school. ethan knows that i have feelings for her back in the high school days. i thought teasing her would make her start talking to me. but oh well, things didn't work out as planned.

she ignored me until the end of high school years. which mean until we graduate. i was kind of heartbroken, knowing that she doesn't care or is interested in me. it also hurts to know i lost my virginity to some random girl i hooked up with once high school ended.

maybe i was just too hurt by the fact that i liked someone who doesn't like me? maybe that's also the reason why i went drunk and poof! the next thing i know was waking up naked with another girl.

i entered collage and all. i've already graduated. it was a tough two years for me. during those two years, i worked hard because i wanted to be one of the successful businessman in the country. now, i'm working as a director at my father's company.

three years ago, i had hooked up with a girl in collage. i was probably drunk at that point of time. i got the chance to know the girl. we exchanged phone numbers and that's that.

the next time i saw her was when she was holding on to a little baby in her arms. i was confused at first but she explained to me once i let her enter my house.

"hello, grayson. it's nice to meet you after 10 long months. how are you?" she asked, looking back and forth between me and the baby in her arms.

"hi, kimberly. i'm fine. what about you? i assume you're married already?" i questioned her.

"i'm doing great as it is. i'm not married. i'm here to tell you that this baby i'm holding right now is yours." she said, looking at me with a smile.

"no, that's impossible!" i shouted, not believing the fact that i'm 21 and i already have a kid of my own.

"it is, grayson. that night when we hooked up, we didn't know what happened. we were both drunk and we didn't have any idea what we were doing. both of us don't even know whether you wore a condom that night. so, this might be the answer to that question of whether you wore a condom." she explained.

i was silent. i didn't know what to say. i just looked at the baby in her arms. he was sleeping against her chest. just seeing him sleeping, i already fall in love with him. i looked at her.

"so, what am i supposed to do now, kim?" i asked, still looking at the baby.

"i need you to take him." she replied, looking at me dead in the eyes.

i looked at her in shock. how am i supposed to take care of this kid? i just finished collage and starting to work for my father. my father would be mad at me for having a kid and embarrassing his company.

"i can't." i said but it came out more as a whisper.

"why not, grayson? you're the father of this child. you should have the right to take care of him." she responded.