thirty-four : mommy, i have something for you

update !!

grayson came home a little bit later than he said but i didn't actually care because i had shawn and niall and also my two kids. i felt better after talking things out with shawn. he understands me well enough and it felt great that i could rant to a friend and not any of my family members.

we were currently sitting in the living room watching the television. benson always makes so much comments about what we wanted to watch but i guess today he was just too tired. he played with niall a lot and they even played catching.

"mommy, i'm tired." benson whined as he rubbed his eyes.

"okay, let's go and bring you to bed." i suggested.

i looked at grayson who nodded his head and motioned me to go. indigo was lying down on his stomach and i smiled at the two. i excused myself and held onto benson's hand as we walked up the stairs. once we had reached his room, he quickly walked to his bed and got into bed. i pulled his mickey mouse duvet over his small body.

yes, ever since we shifted houses, benson had requested to have his bedsheet changed to mickey mouse. grayson and i couldn't deny because of his little pout.

i kissed benson's forehead and was about to pull away from him but he wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me.

"i love you, mommy. thank you for becoming my mommy." he said sleepily before closing his eyes, falling into a deep slumber.

"i love you too, baby. thank you for becoming my son."

i gave him a light pat before standing up and walking towards the door. i took one last glance at him, going out from his room and closing the door. i walked back down the stairs to see niall and shawn cuddled to one side of the couch while grayson and indigo were sleeping.

"niall, shawn. if you're tired, you can go to your room and sleep there. i'm going to wake grayson up in a minute." i suggested, my voice soft.

"okay, goodnight, reffda. goodnight, grayson." they both stood up and shawn kissed my cheeks before following his boyfriend up the stairs, hand in hand.

i stood in front of grayson before bending over a little to wake him up. i shook his body gently so that indigo will remain asleep. i had given her some milk before handing her over to grayson and she was already yawning a lot earlier on.

"grayson, grayson. wake up. let's go up to our room." i said quietly.

his eyes slowly opened and he looked at me with a tired smile. i pointed my finger up and he knew what i meant so he slowly moved indigo as he sat up properly. he blinked his eyes a few times, standing up on his feet. we started walking to the stairs.

halfway there, grayson grabbed my waist and pulled me close next to him. i couldn't help but blush. i hit him in the stomach softly as he just grinned at me. we walked up the stairs quietly and i followed grayson into indigo's room. i watched as he placed her down in her cot gently and kissed her forehead. i did the same to her too.

"goodnight, sunshine. i'll see you tomorrow or when you cry in the middle of the night. i love you." i whispered.

"let's go, babe. i have some things that i want to discuss with you."

i nodded my head. i don't know what he will be talking about but i felt a little scared. those negative thoughts are flooding back into my head and i forced myself to push it to the back of my head. i couldn't think like this. it won't be something bad, would it?

we walked into our room. i sat on the bed as i watched grayson taking off his shirt and pants, leaving him in only his briefs. he walked over to the closet and grabbed a shirt, pulling it over his head. nowadays, he slept without any pants on. only in his briefs. he said it's comfortable because he feels warm under the duvet. might as well not wear a shirt.