Chapter Five

YOU GUYS DID IT, YOU HELPED THIS STORY REACH 1000 VIEWS!!!! Thank you so much!

David portrayed by John Schneider.
Carol portrayed by Heather Locklear.
Jessica portrayed Chloe Moretz.

---------

"Fuck yes Katana, so good!" Jay exclaims taking another bite of the chocolate fudge cake I'd baked earlier this morning.

"You really like it huh?" I ask spooning a bit more ice cream onto his plate.

This was his third slice of chocolate cake, which I knew was because of the news from his mother, today. I thought about saying something after his second slice but instead I gave him more because it seemed to be making him happier.

The news had really gotten to him, as it should, and it showed in his appearance. He was currently wearing a faded blue and white NYU tee, gray joggers, and socks which he had also worn to sleep which I guess was fine since he hadn't gotten much sleep last night.

When we had arrived home last night Jay told me everything his mother had told to him.

"Jaycord, she's an incredible woman. I really like her." Carol said.

"I really love her mom. She's nothing like-,"

"Bianca? I don't know what you were thinking honey." Carol interrupted placing her hand over his.

He nods.

"Jaycord, I asked you not only to meet your future wife but to tell you something."

"Oh mother she's not my -,"

"Nonsense. But Jaycord honey, I have stage four cancer, breast cancer to be exact. It isn't looking well."

His head falls into his hands as a few words break his heart.

"Jaycord mommy loves you and I want you to be happy. She makes you happy and you have to remember what I've told you. What have I told you Jaycord?" She asked pulling his head up to meet her eyes.

"Money doesn't buy happiness, love, or health." He replied sniffling.

"Mom will be okay. Get yourself together." She said hugging him closely.

"Mommy will be okay." She whispered but the words sounded unsure.

"Yeah it's really good." Jay whispers staring blankly at the cake on his plate.

That's how it has been since he received the news, blank stares and whispers.

I had been trying my hardest to get him out this funk but nothing was working except for the cake. But then I got an I idea.

"How about we watch a movie? What's your fave?" I ask pushing my self up off of the couch.

"Grown Ups," he replies taking another bite from his new plate of cake and ice cream.

"Grown ups it is." I say looking through the movie collection before finding the worn out cover.

I put the movie on then went go to grab blankets, drinks, and snacks. I turn off the lights and sit beside him. He places his plate on to the small coffee table on the end before laying down and placing his head in my lap.

I rub his hair gently and not even minutes into I can feel his body becoming relaxed.

"Thank you K," he whispers then suddenly I hear soft snoring.

I stand and lay him onto the couch gently, placing covers on to him and a pillow under his head, before settling beside him.

His snores grow quieter and I lay there just listening to the soft song of his heart beat.

I began to wonder why bad things happen to good people. At the age of six, my father died from lung cancer. It's why I resonate and understand the pain Jay is feeling. No one ever asked how I was feeling.

I'm broken from my thoughts by my ringing phone.

"Please don't go. Let it ring. Stay with me." Jay says softly against my hair pulling me closer.

"It could be important Jaycord," the name slips before I'm able to stop it and in a blur I'm pushed to the floor.

"What the hell-,"

"Don't you dare call me that!" He yells throwing the blankets off him and placing his head in his hands.

I sigh, collecting my self from the floor before sitting beside him. Many people would leave but I understand that his actions aren't out of malice.

I grab his face searching his eyes only to find tears, sadness, and hurt.

"I understand and I'm so so sorry Jay. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this unbearable pain," I whisper rocking him slowly.

"Your mother is an incredible woman and I know that she will be okay because she is strong and she taught you and needs you to be strong for her."

I rock him until his snores return and his heart beat slows again. I hold him until he chooses to lay him self down. I feel his pain transfer onto me and I am left as the keeper of his dealings.

I know the feeling of losing a parent and it's one you never forget.

This closeness makes me realize that I love Jay and not in a sexual way but in a way that was stronger than sex. It was a mental connection. I was in love because his feelings over powered my own. I was his keeper.

----

I hope you all enjoyed this. I feel like the story is starting to find its place and structure and I'm really digging it and I hope you are as well. And I just love Jaycord or Jay as many call him. I love you all and thanks for reading!

BTW: I have another story called THEM MISTRESS, if you're into scandal and family dram you should check that out.