Chapter Twenty Four

Hey, loves. Here's chapter twenty four. The last chapter of this book, excluding the epilogue. I'm so excited yet sad for this book to be over simply because it was so incredible to write. Thank you to all of you have constantly read, voted, and commented. I love you all so much.

----

Today was the day. You know the one that girls imagine for years, agonizing about the man that will be waiting for them, the dress they'll be wearing, and the way their ring will glimmer in the soft light. The one they've imagined for ever. Today was the day.

"How are you feeling?" Jessica had asked the night before while we were getting manicures.

"Incredible," I had replied because that was the only word that could truly sum up the stirring in my belly and fluttering in my heart.

It was truly incredible, a love story for the new age. A girl in a store had been whisked away by an incredible man who just wanted to love and be loved.

"I'll see you soon" he had said but it sounded more like a question than a statement and I had  simply nodded.

While looking back at the beginning of us I had tried to find signs that this is what would happen and I had laughed seeing that they were all there.

"I would never do anything to hurt Jay. If he ever wants to move on that would be fine and I'm sure vice versa."

I had loved him from the beginning, I had put his happiness above my own and he had done the same.

"Katana, I have no plans on leaving."

He had proposed long before he got down on one knee.

Now it was the time and I was so excited that I couldn't keep the smile off of my face.

"You look pretty, Ms. K!" Maya exclaims running her fingers over the plush, soft tulle of my dress.

"Thank you baby girl." I reply and hug her tightly, thinking about the fact that she'd be my daughter in less thank five minutes.

"It's time." My Nana says and I stand, taking a deep breath and go out to the hall where the music has already begun.

"You do look amazing." My nana says pecking my cheek.

"Thank you. For this, for everything. I don't say it enough but thank you."

Maya, the flower girl, goes first and next my maid of honor, Jessica, then the my bridesmaids go until it's my turn.

"You ready?" Nana asks and I nod quickly.

"Yes."

The doors open and I spot him immediately. The black suit fits perfectly to his body, his hair is combed nicely, and he's smiling right back at me.

We walk to the aisle and I take in the many people that have come out today. Everyone from family and friends to coworkers and politicians. The room is packed with love and I couldn't be happier.

Nana Mae gives me away but not before pecking my cheek again and hugging Jay.

"Hi." He whispers.

"Hey."

To the room we probably look insane with these big, crazy smiles on our faces but I've never be so excited in my life.

"Friends, we have joined here today to share with Jaycord Ovard and Katana Ashton an important moment in their lives. During their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one." The pastor speaks before continuing.

"Marriage is said to be like a boat, sturdy and strong while gentle and comforting. In order to make any marriage successful, you must be sturdy, strong, gentle, and comforting. But you must be wise enough to know which one is needed. Not every key fits the lock, but when you find the correct one doors open."

I look over at Jay and the tears coming down his face are priceless and I squeeze his hands in my own.

"The couple has chosen to write their own vows. Katana." The pastor says and looks over at me.

"Jay, I didn't believe in love before you so that says a lot about you. You gave me a new outlook on life, you taught me that it's okay to be afraid just don't let the fear consume you. I was afraid of commitment and passion. I was afraid of letting people get close, but you wouldn't give up. I vow to never give up on you or us. I vow to always love you and protect you. I vow to always be there. " I say and continue on.

"I love you more than I thought was possible."

"I did that a lot of that lately; comparing my life before and after Jay. I had noticed that he was an incredible addition to my life. He added the spice and joy that was nonexistent before his arrival."

"I love you deeply. Now, Miss Maya will you come here." I had been wanting to this for her and Jay. I wanted her to know that she was now apart of me.

She walks over and I turn to her before grabbing her hands.

"Maya, to you I vow to always be there. I promise you that I will never forget the amount of joy and happiness that you've brought to my life. I think you are an amazing little lady and I love you so much." I say and kiss her cheek and she kisses mine before returning to her seat.

"Jay." The pastor says.

"Katana, you are my everything. You're the one of the best things that have ever happened to me. You changed me. You gave me purpose and the fact that you've opened up to my daughter makes me love you that much more. You once asked me,

"What makes you get up in the morning? What makes you happy?"

"And I kept coming up short, but now I know. It's you and Maya. You make me happy, you make me get up in the morning. I love seeing your frizzy hair in the morning, I love kissing you first thing in the morning despite the bad mingling of morning breath." He says and we all laugh.

"Maya, baby girl. Daddy loves you so much and I don't want you to ever forget that. You're my everything little lady. I love you both so much." He finishes and the pastor starts to speak again.

"Now, we will exchange the rings."

"I, Katana Ashton, give you Jaycord Ovard give you this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you."

"I, Jaycord Ovard give you Katana Ashton give you this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you."

"Katana Ashton, do you take Jaycord to love and hold so long as you live?"

"I do." I say quickly.

"Jaycord Ovard, do you take Katana Ashton to love and hold so long as you live?"

"I do."

"By the power vested in me by the State of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride".

Jay kisses me and I mentally note that this is our first kiss as a married couple. I feel a flutter of happiness run through me and part from him.

"Hi."

"Hey." I reply.

"I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Ovard." The pastor says and the room explodes in applause and we turn to face them, both of us waving to them all.

Jay grabs my hand and we both take a step down and walk towards the doors to our future.

Today was the day.