Chapter Four

Here's chapter four. School has honestly been kicking my butt! I'm planning on updating twice this weekend, no promises, for you all. As always thanks for reading, voting, and commenting. I love that you guys love this story because I really love writing it and it's about to take some turns! Help me get it to 1000 view by Monday!!

-------

"Katana, are you almost ready? We can't keep my mother waiting. She hates late." Jay states from the kitchen.

I walked into the room moments later dressed in soft colors as Jay had recommended saying something about his mother feeling as if bright colors were distasteful. Today was the first day that I'd meet his mother and nervous was an understatement.

"Come on K." He says grabbing my purse and his keys.

It was quite chilly in New York and I reckon that if I weren't with Jay, I'd be walking to work. I did that a lot of that lately; comparing my life before and after Jay. I had noticed that he was an incredible addition to my life. He added the spice and joy that was nonexistent before his arrival.

"What are you thinking about?," he asks while grabbing my hand.

"You." I reply truthfully, he was all I ever thought about these days.

Minutes later we pull up to the restaurant and as always he came
around and opened my door before grabbing my hand and walking me in.

The restaurant was different from the others we had been to. It was brightly lit by paper lanterns and candles which gave the place a really soft vibe.

"Reservations sir?" A young host asks.

"Yes. For Ovard." Jay replied and the host nodded.

He escorts to a table where his mother was already seated scrolling through her phone while drinking a tea.

"Late as always, Jaycord." His mother says, standing to hug us both.

"Totally her fault." Jay replys laughing and pointing at me.

It was obvious who his stability and source of happiness was. The way he lit in front of her was incredible and beautiful as if he were a small child again. When she removes a strand of hair from his face and pecks his cheek it was obvious that he loved her more than anything.

"Blame the lady, of course." His mother says while hugging us both.

Mrs. Ovard was a lot warmer than Mr. Ovard. She was kind, sweet, and funny not stuffy, all business, or snobby.

"Nice to finally meet you Katana. I've heard so much about you from Jaycord."

Jay shook his head no as if he were pleading with her.

"Of course I have. Oh mom she's fantastic, I like her so much. Ugh she's so gorgeous." She says imitating his voice, which made me laugh hysterically and Jay blush.

"Likewise Mrs. Ovard." I reply laughing as we all sat.

"Call me Carol. I hear Mrs. Ovard and I think gram."

I nod.

She was a really beautiful lady, I could see where Jessica got her looks. Carol was tall and thin with a freshly dyed blonde bob. She was dressed pretty casual which made me feel as if I was overdressed.

We talked a lot, mostly about politics and fashion and Jay or Jaycord as I found out his name was which was interesting to find out.

"What made you name him Jaycord?" I ask curiously.

"His grandfather was Jacob Chord Alexander. I wanted a name that would incorporate his grandfather, his heritage. So I named him Jaycord Alexander Ovard without the h in chord. I absolutely detest calling him Jay." She says whilst sipping on her drink.

When Jay went to the restroom I took the time out to really talk to his mother and try to see what she thought about me.

"Mrs. Ovard, how are you?" I ask.

I watch as she pushes a blonde strand behind her ear, showing off a pair of pearls.

"I'm okay. Not brilliant or down. Just okay. I really like you Katana and so does Jaycord. I remember when I first met David, I was much like you. independent, self-reliant, in love. Don't try to deny it, I can sense it. You're different. He needs different." Mrs. Ovard says smiling at me.

Jay returns and the day continues normally as always. After we left, we decide not to waste the day and went for a stroll.

"My mother likes you." Jay says absentmindedly.

"You think so?"

He nods and I notice that he had began crying. I pull him over so that we were sitting on a bench and as we sat he let his head fall into my lap.

"Jay?" I ask rubbing his head lightly.

"She's dying. She has stage four breast cancer. That's what she wanted to tell me. She gave me her share in her fathers company. She wanted to meet you." He says crying harder.

"She likes you so much." He declares softly.

I rub his hair softly, letting him cry out and my heart broke for him, he was losing his mother and money couldn't by her health.

"She said she wanted to meet my future wife." He says softly.

----

Oh the feels. I love Momma Carol.