Chapter Twenty Two

How'd you guys enjoy the little cliffhanger? Haha, that was fun. Here's a new chapter.

Enjoy.
Xoxo, Mic!
----

The room sent a wave of awe through me. Plush pink tulle was strung across the ceilings creating arches that resembled cotton candy, while cupcakes and cookies sprinkled with beautiful white pearls were sat peacefully on trays. Most importantly I was surrounded, no engulfed by my friends and family, they were everywhere and the warmth of them sent waves of happiness through me.

"What the -" I didn't get to finish due to Jay suddenly capturing my lips in his, a move that the old me would've rejected, but seeing that we'd be married in a few days I happily obliged.

"You mean?" I ask pulling away, nearly in tears while placing my hand on his chest to steady myself.

"It's a girl." He replies, pecking my lips again before moving away.

The day before, Jay and I, had went in for a baby checkup and I had asked that the doctor not tell me the sex of the baby, but instead tell Jay. The idea of having another girl in the house made me excited, especially for Mya who had practically begged for a baby sister.

The night is in full swing, people are covering every square inch of the apartment and I've never been so happy to be around them all.

Strings of "I like him" and "you seem so happy" followed by encouraging smiles fly around the room as I introduce him to my family members and the warmth of their words expanded through me.

All of us stand in the room talking about everything that has happened in the past few months.

"Can you believe Katana, of all people, is pregnant? Never thought I'd see the day." My Aunt Alice says rubbing the bump that has began to show itself.

"Right? She was always hooping and hollering about not wanting kinds." My Aunt Keia says laughing.

I feel Jay tense beside and I make a mental note to talk to him about that.
It's true though, when I was younger I would tell anyone who would listen that I didn't want kids. As I've grown older I've realized that it's not the kids that I'm worried about, it's me. I didn't want to make the same mistakes as my mother or be alone like my father.

After opening gifts the night fades out and Jay stands to make a toast.

"First, thank you to everyone who came out tonight. I know that it was short notice, but this had to be done. Meeting all of you tonight was incredible and I'm forever grateful for you all and your company. To Katana, thank you so much for not only being the mother of my unborn baby, but to my girl Mya," He says hugging Mya closely and she smiles up at him, the sight warming my heart. "You treat her as if you physically had her and that means everything and so much more to me. I don't know where I would be with out you girls." He finishes, kissing us both and I go to speak.

"Thanks everyone for being here. Jay, you've changed me in the best way. I've never been so happy in my entire life. I see the magazines, people saying that I love you because of your bank account, but the only numbers that matter to me are the amount of years that we're married. I love you deeply, truly, and completely. Mya, honey you were the greatest surprise I've could've ever received. I love you so much." I finish and Carol goes to speak next.

"Hi everyone. Thank you so much for coming. Kay, I'm so happy to have you in our family and Jaycord, I'm happy to see you happy. For weeks, I've been keeping something from you all." She says beaming happily.

"I'm cancer free." Carol says and a round of applause booms throughout the room as well as strings of congratulations.

Jays POV

"I'm cancer free."

Relief, happiness, and hope are the only words that come forth to me. The idea of my mom being cancer free and happy used to seem far fetched but now I see that anything can happen.

I kiss my mom on the forehead before hugging her closely to me.

You never know what you have until there's a possibility of being taken away from you.