Chapter Eleven

So you didn't get to hear from K a lot in this chapter but it's not all about her. I really want to open these characters up. Above is her outfit that she wore though! Enjoy your 2nd update guys, you deserve it!

----

Sunday brunch is the one day of the week where everyone comes together to discuss the weeks hardships over mimosas and pancakes.

"How long is Maya staying?" My mom asks.

"Permanently." I reply.

My mom had been wanting Maya to stay and I hope that with her being here it'll help her through her ordeal.

Just as I go to speak, Jessica walks in.

"Hey, how was your week Jess?" I ask truly wondering.

Out of all of the Ovard children, Jessica is the most innocent and level headed. She's the only one who doesn't want to be a politician or lawyer and the only one who isn't afraid of others opinions.

"It was okay I guess. Class president is getting to be to much and Ive been thinking about quitting." She replies causing my mother to gasp.

"You can't quit, it'll look so nice on your college applications." My mom says sternly.

"I can and I probably will. It's not for me. The only people on the seats are rich assholes who don't do anything."

My father comes in and shakes my hand before picking Maya up and placing her in his lap.

"What's this I hear about quitting? Ovards never quit." He says nodding towards me.

"I'm quitting CP and moms having a cow. It's so lame and -."

"Lame doesn't get you into college Jess. It probably is filled with obnoxious assholes but it will look good on your applications, you'll appreciate it later and besides Jay and Jenn were both CPs. Look at them."

"Jay is doing fine for himself as a politician but Jenns in rehab. So?" Jess replies and I look at my dad hoping that he won't confirm that news.

His nostrils flare and I can tell he's pissed at Jessica for spilling the beans.

"Dad?"

"Not right now."

"Then when? When the media hears?"

Instead of relying he continues to play with Maya and eat.

As angry as I am with him and my mother for not telling me, I let it slide and try to forget about.

Over brunch we talk about everything from Katana and I to my parents vow renewal in a few weeks.

"Katana, how would like to be my bridesmaid?" My mom asks sincerely.

"Id love too!" Katana replies and they begin to talk about the details.

It's incredible how far my parents relationship has come. At one point, a few years back, they were on the verge of divorce. It caused me to side with my mother as well as gain a hate for love.

To me love wasn't worth it. It had never done me any good.

First, I was in love with Vanessa and then she died. That day I vowed to never love again because it only brought hurt and disappointment. Next, was seeing how my parents broke down the first time Jennifer overdosed. I never understood how she could put people she claimed to love in so much pain. Lastly, was my parents hating each other. It seemed like love only brought pain.

"Jay can we speak alone?" My father ask and I nod before following him onto the balcony.

"I was going to tell you before the media found out, I promise. We just didn't know how to fix it. Your sister overdosed on Thursday, but she's in rehab and I think this is it. I think she'll be okay. " he says trying but failing to conceal his worry.

This time I decided to not be selfish and I pray for my family sake that she will be fine.

"Yeah she'll be fine. I'll handle the press and she'll be okay." I say unsure of my own words.

As the day continue we watch movies and relax. There's an undeniable elephant in the room trampling about but for now we'll ignore his noise. For now we'll believe that everything is okay. For now we will pretend.