Secrets Uncovered

I close the door going back inside, and walk back to my room once again. I heard the door open, this time, it was Dazai. I don't bother to get up as I had already once. Dazai walks into my room, with me in bed watching the TV. "Hey y/n! Sorry I was late, Kunikida had this whole talk with me about how disrespectful I was being towards him and everyone else at the agency, and then told me I need to stop trying to commit suicide, and I need to start being on time, and a lot of other things but I don't have enough breath to talk about it." he says, tilting his head back slightly and sighing. I laugh, "Don't worry about it! I made dinner for myself but leftovers are in the fridge by the way." I say smiling. "Ah, oh- thank you" he said before exiting my room, turning the room light off.

I had shut the TV off a while later, assuming Dazai went to bed, I stood up, grabbing my phone, opening my chat with Chuuya. "Hey Chuuya, I'm gonna go to bed here pretty soon so I just wanted to say good night, and i'll talk to you soon okay? Don't stress yourself too much <3" I sent. I walk out into the hall and reach for the doorknob, with the phone in my other hand, the light reflecting back onto my face. As my hand touched the doorknob, I felt a strong force push my hands over my head, my phone still gripped in my hand tightly. I quickly looked up to see Dazai towering over me.

"Dazai! What are you doing? You scared me!" you say trying to pull off your innocent act. He stared at me. No words being said. His eyes were darker, for there was no light surrounding us besides the phone. I tried to squirm out of his grip but he continued to tighten his hands around my wrists. I was scared. "Where are you going?" the words slip from his mouth. I looked up at him and said, "I was going outside to relax for a second." He continued to stare at me, his face let out the impression that he wanted me to be frightened, but his eyes were different, his eyes, I couldn't quite understand what they were trying to tell me.

He took my phone from my hand, releasing me from his grip. My heart starts to beat faster as I desperately try and reach for the phone back. He looks at the screen. "Nakahara Chuuya huh? So what, you work with the Port Mafia?" he says continuing to scroll through my contacts. I tried to think of something to say, but there was only silence as I let my bangs fall over my face, dropping my head down. Dazai reads my messages with Chuuya. "Seems to me like Chuuya likes you, I've never seen him this friendly with someone since I left the Port Mafia." he says. "But I still don't understand.." He takes my wrists once again pushing me against the wall, my hands above my head.

"Why do you work for the Port Mafia? What's there to like more there then working at the Armed Detective Agency for me? Is it perhaps, because of Chuuya?" he continued. I did nothing but continue to keep my head down, tears starting to form in my eyes, one of them rolling down my cheek. I had failed. I had been caught because I wasn't being careful enough. I had let my guard down. I felt disappointed in myself. He took his hand and lifted my chin up gently, my teary eyes looking him right in his face. "Oh dear, no need to be upset, It can be, what I like to call, our little secret. Alright?" he says smiling. He wipes my tears from my cheek and holds me close to him. Why? Why is he doing this? What does he gain from it? "One thing though, if you want me to keep this secret from the rest of the Agency, you can't tell anyone from the Port Mafia I know your secret, including Chuuya.