Innocence

"Good morning Zee." Gulf smiled at his brother who was clad in his Thailand Royal Police uniform. He just came home after his graveyard shift.
"You look rather dashing in your uniform this morning." Gulf added. Zee's eyes narrowed at his little brother.
"Gulf..."
"What do you want for breakfast? Just tell me what you need." Gulf smiled.
"Gulf?"
"Do you want coffee or tea? Or milk?"
"GULF KANAWUT!!" Zee raised his voice and glared at his brother.
"Where is HE or SHE or IT?" Zee questioned him.
"You know me so well..." Gulf mumbled.
"Who did you pick up this time Gulf?" Zee shook his head.
"A kid... I think... Found him behind the clinic last night." Gulf explained.
"And why is this kid HERE in our apartment instead of a hospital or the police station?" Zee queried while Gulf smiled at his brother.
"He looks terrified." Gulf shared.
"He could be a criminal."
"Not everyone IS Zee! He looks like an innocent lamb!" Gulf stated.
"He hasn't even said anything."
"Maybe he's hiding something." Zee stated while Gulf rolled his eyes.
"He has a slight fever." Gulf continued.
"He'll live." Zee grumbled.
"He also has some cuts and bruises." Gulf told Zee.
"They always do." Zee countered.
"Come on Zee... He is a scared kid who could be running from something dangerous!" Gulf asserted.
"Why do you always do this?" Zee sat down and rubbed his tired face.
"Cause we have to help people in need Zee... You know that..." Gulf responded.
"It won't bring him back you know..." Zee gazed up sympathetically at his younger brother.
"I know..." Gulf smiled sadly. Zee slowly stood up and walked towards his brother.
"I'm sorry Gulf..." Zee said and then he sighed.
"So... I can keep him?" Gulf's face immediately lit up. Zee smiled and shook his head.
"You always get what you want huh?" Zee asked him.
"No I don't..." Gulf whispered as sadness filled his eyes. His brother knew exactly what Gulf meant.
"I'm sorry Gulf..." Zee murmured.
"But who knows... Maybe he is still out there looking for you too." Zee ruffled Gulf's hair.
"You're absolutely right Zee!" Gulf grinned.
"So... Dr Kanawut... What's for breakfast?" Zee asked as he sat down at the small dining table.
"I'm sorry Zee... I'm late." Gulf picked up his backpack and his helmet.
"Damn you Gulf!" Zee grumbled.
"MingMing is sleeping my room... His medicine is on the kitchen counter... I have written the instructions..."
"Gulf!" Zee stood up.
"Maybe you can make him something? Something healthy?" Gulf slowly moved to the door.
"GULF!" Zee glared at his brother.
"See you tomorrow!" Gulf said before he closed the door.
"Gulf!!!!!" Zee could not believe that Gulf had left him in the house with this person called MingMing whom Zee had never met nor heard off!

Gulf suddenly opened the door again to Zee's surprise.

"What do you want?" Zee barked.
"Thank you Zee! I promise to be a better little brother in the future!" Gulf grinned at him.
"Cross your heart and hope to die?" Zee asked.
"Yes!" Gulf replied and closed the door again.

Zee shook his head and smiled. He walked to the sliding doors and opened them. He walked to the balcony and waited. A few minutes later Gulf came out walking with helmet on. He got on his ratty motorcycle the Zee used to own and started it. Gulf then slowly turned his head towards where their balcony was located and smiled at Zee.

"Love you Zee!!" Gulf shouted and Zee smiled.
"Stupid kid!" Zee mumbled.
"I'm not stupid!!!" He yelled back and Zee laughed.

Zee had no idea how Gulf knew what he said. He waved his hand as Gulf went to work. He went back into his apartment and he stopped at his track when he saw someone standing in the living room. He looked so innocent like an angel; Zee thought. His delicate face was bruising on a few places. There were some cuts too.

"You are... MingMing?" Zee queried.
"I'm Zee... Gulf's brother." Zee informed the young man.
"Breakfast is not yet ready... I'm so sorry... Is scrambled eggs okay with you?" Zee asked and MingMing nodded.
"Why don't you lie down? I'll call you when breakfast is ready." Zee said and MingMing slowly walked to the sofa and lie down.