Who Are You?

"Doctor Kanawut! Sorry that I'm late." Ireshi took a seat in front of Gulf.
"No worries... I just started eating."
"That looks delicious." She smiled timidly at Gulf.
"Here is yours." Gulf put a food container in front of Ireshi.
"Thank you Doctor Kanawut."
"Call me Gulf... We're friends." Gulf smiled at her.
"I asked Zee to make yours not as spicy because of your stomach." He explained.
"Thank you."
"Let's dig in." Gulf suggested.

    They began eating and talking. As they continued eating, Gulf noticed some bruises on his forearm.

"What happened?" Gulf asked her while looking at them.
"Nothing..." Ireshi answered.
"Customer?" Gulf questioned and she slowly nodded.
"Do you even consider... Running away?"
"Sometimes..." Ireshi answered.
"If you need my help for anything... Just tell me." Gulf smiled at her.
"Thank you Doctor... Thank you Gulf." Ireshi murmured.
"This is delicious." She told Gulf.
"It's MingMing's favourite dish."
"MingMing? You have a sister?" Ireshi asked.
"Sister?" Gulf laughed.
"I'm sorry..." Ireshi whispered. Gulf grinned at the woman.
"No... No... Huang's Ming Ming is a... Housemate of mine and Zee's." Gulf explained.
"He must be a lucky housemate because your brother cooked his favourite food." Ireshi asserted.
"MingMing has a crush on my brother."
"Really?" Ireshi smiled.
"Yeah..." Gulf nodded.
"How about you... Gulf... I saw you with a tall handsome man a few times... Is that your boyfriend or... Your crush?" Ireshi questioned and ducked her head as if she was embarrassed by her question.
"I could say that he is my boyfriend." Gulf shared.
"You two look beautiful together." Ireshi told him.
"Thank you."
"How long have you known him?"
"Since I was 9... 10... Then we were separated... Then we met again... And here we are." Gulf explained.
"You and him are very lucky then..." Ireshi said as she gobbled up the food.
"Don't eat too fast Ireshi... I have packed extra for you." Gulf put another container on the table.
"You are too kind."
"I am not." Gulf shook his head.
"You are." Ireshi replied.
"It's just some extra food we have at home." Gulf told her.
"And you remember me... A nobody from Patpong..."
"Tell me more about yourself then Ireshi... Who are you?" Gulf smiled at her.
"I'm a nobody..." She trailed.
"You are not a nobody Ireshi... You are my friend." Gulf smiled.
"Thank you..." Ireshi murmured.
"What does your boyfriend do? He always has fancy cars... I don't even know what they are." She stated.
"Me neither. I am one of those men who don't know much about cars." Gulf grinned making Ireshi smiled with him.
"I think he's a businessman..." He whispered.
"Think?" Ireshi scrunched her nose.
"I don't know... I think... Just forget what I said..." Gulf smiled at her.
"Is he nice to you?"
"He's... Perfect." Gulf gushed and blushed.
"That's good to know..." Ireshi nodded.
"Wow... You've finished your food..." Gulf stared at the empty food container in front of Ireshi.
"I was... Hungry."
"I have these..." Gulf put another container containing some sweet desserts.
"Dig in!" he said.

Ireshi studied him for the longest time.

"Do I have something on my face?" Gulf asked her.
"No... You are too nice for this cruel and evil world Doctor Kanawut." Ireshi murmured as she stared at him.
"I'm not... These desserts were bought by MingMing for Zee... He bought too much and now they are yours!" Gulf smiled.
"You have the kindest heart..." Ireshi whispered.
"You are embarrassing me." Gulf groaned.
"I'm sorry... Let me have this..." Ireshi picked one and ate.
"Do you like it?" He asked her.
"I love it!" Ireshi nodded.
"They are yours." Gulf said and pushed the container towards her.
"Why are you so nice to me? You don't know me... I could be the most evil and despicable person on Earth." Ireshi murmured.
"I could be evil too." Gulf grinned.
"I doubt that." Ireshi asserted.
"I think your boyfriend likes you because of how nice you are." She added.
"Stop it..." Gulf looked embarrassed.
"I'm sorry..." Ireshi replied.
"It's alright... Ireshi... Remember what I told you... If you need me to help you... Please tell me... That's what friends are for." Gulf smiled at her.