More Than Anything

"Hello... Gulf... Baby... Please answer my calls. God... I... I don't know what happened but Baby... Kitten... Don't leave me. I can't live without you Gulf. Not after what happened to us 15 years ago. What did I do? Please tell me what I have done. Please Gulf... I beg you. I... I love you Gulf... I love you." Mew ended his voice message.

    Mew stared at his cell phone. Tears slowly trickled down his face. He could not remember the last time he had shed a single tear. His heart became as hard as stone after living 15 years with his father. The bullet wound on his thigh throbbed but it could not be compared to the pain he could feel in his heart. He was worried sick but he was still thousands of miles from HIM. He had just arrived in Las Vegas from New York. He was just glad that he did not fail his father. Now they have another negotiation before they could head back home.

"Home..." Mew whispered. His voice was hollow.

He closed his eyes and he instantly remembered what his Father had told him. He had to go back to the mansion. Only God knew why he had not murdered the crazy old man. Mew poured more vodka into the glass in front of him and downed the drink in one gulp. He hissed as the vodka burned his throat. He stared at the picture of Gulf he had on his cell phone. The man was sleeping at that time. Oblivious of him taking a picture. Trusting him without an ounce of doubt.

"What happened Kitten?"

Mew had thought and thought; and the only thing that he could think of was that someone had done something to Gulf. Saint told him that Gulf was terrified for their safety. Something happened that night and someone hurt HIM. Some had threatened HIM. His hold on the glass tightened as he wondered who could hurt Gulf. It could not be his Father because he would have killed both Gulf and Zee. The agony of thinking about the possibility of Gulf's demise made him feel nauseous. Then, his Father's threats filled his mind. The pictures he showed him. The only reason why he could not go against his Father. His body began shaking.

"Kanikka..." Mew whispered miserably.
"My God... Where are you... Forgive me...." He murmured.

    He had failed to find his sister. Gulf was slowly slipping away from his wretched life. His Father had the power to destroy everything that mattered to him. His Father was capable of atrocities and Mew would die if Gulf or Kanikka were hurt by the psychopath.

"Gulf... Kitten... God no..." Mew croaked and limped as fast he could into the bathroom and then vomited.

***************************************************

"Hello?"
"Hello Gulf."
"Are you at the police station?"
"Yeah... Now starting up my computer and will start working." Zee told his brother.
"Okay..." Gulf whispered.
"Have you eaten?" Zee questioned him.
"I have."
"Call me when you're coming home."
"I will Gulf."
"Have you handed in your resignation letter?" Gulf asked.
"Gulf... We've talked about this..."
"No Zee... You just don't listen to me..."
"Then talk to me... TELL ME... Make me understand Gulf..." Zee begged.

    The line became quiet.

"I... I can't..."
"Who are those people trying to hurt you... To hurt us?" Zee questioned him.
"Zee..."
"Yes Brother?"
"Stay safe." Gulf whispered.
"Okay... I shall try my best." Zee said.
"Are you going to the clinic?" He asked Gulf.
"I don't know... I no longer work there..." Gulf told him.
"You can still help them... They would not mind."
"I'm scared..."
"Maybe MingMing can send you there and pick you up?" Zee suggested.
"I don't know..." Gulf whispered.
"Have you talked to Mew?"

Silence greeted Zee.

"Gulf..."
"Stay safe Zee." Gulf said instead.
"Buddy..."
"We must leave Bangkok... Please Zee... Do it for me..."