His Sunset

DISCLAIMER: I haven't edited this chapter. Just so you guys know... And... I am not sure whether this chapter is good enough.... But here it is.....

"Why... Out of all the places in Thailand... You two decided to be in Chiang Rai?" Gulf's mother asked him.
"And why... Why do you look so unhappy Honey?" She smiled sadly at him.
"The place is beautiful... Not too busy and not too quiet... As to why I am sad... Well... My heart was broken." Gulf murmured and put his head on his mother's lap.

They just moved to Chiang Rai and their mother decided to pay them a visit. They found a townhouse with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths just outside the city. Gulf found a job at a local clinic while Zee was still looking for a job. Gulf was not that worried as their frugal lifestyles allowed them to stay afloat for quite sometime and with him working; Zee did not even have to work.

"Mew broke your heart?" His mother smiled at him and he nodded.
"You did wait and search for him for years Honey."
"But he is not the same... He has changed." Gulf murmured while playing with his mother's hands.
"You've changed too... You were so skinny and scrawny... Who would have thought you could be this handsome?!" His mother pinched his cheeks making him laugh.
"Stop it Mom... I'm not a child!"
"You will forever be MY child!" She stated and kissed Gulf's forehead.
"Thank you Mom..." Gulf whispered.
"You still love the man... I can see that... Why do the two of you have to live here? Our house is so big! We have so many extra rooms to spare!" She huffed.
"You are renting those rooms for the college kids there right?" Gulf asked and she nodded.
"I can kick them out if you want me too!" She told Gulf in all seriousness.
"No YOU WON'T!!" Gulf laughed.
"Yeah... I won't..." His mother laughed with him.
"You need to smile more... You are very handsome when you smile."
"More than Zee?" Gulf grinned.
"Don't tell your brother... The answer is... Yes!" His mother nodded and Gulf laughed again.
"I miss you Mom..." Gulf murmured.
"And yet you're here... You silly boy!" His mother shook her head.
"Zee said that you got beat up... I'm just happy that you're no longer working in Patpong... I've aways worried about you and your safety."
"You never TOLD ME THAT!!" Gulf sat up and stared at his mother.
"You were waiting and searching for your precious Mew... Honey... You were on a mission since you were 9 years old!" She smiled at him.
"Yeah... I know..." Gulf sighed and then put his head on her shoulder.
"I like it here... It's peaceful..." He told her.
"But your heart lies in Bangkok." She responded.
"You are a very loyal boy... Honey... I hope you will find the perfect someone in your life just for you... Someone who loves your unconditionally and see what a beautiful person you are inside and out."
"What if... What if I don't find that person Mom?"
"One will never know what the future holds... I just don't want you to be unhappy and to be lonely all your life... That's all Honey."
"I have Zee." Gulf smiled.
"He can't be with you forever you know... He might find someone too... And then you will be stuck with... Mmmmm... Me!" His mom joked.
"I don't mind that Mom... I love you."
"Love you too Honey..." She said while patting his head.
"Dr Kanawut... You need a haircut."
"I do... Maybe before I will get a haircut before I start working next week." Gulf told his mother.
"What did Mew do... That broke my boy's precious heart huh?"

    Gulf became quiet.

"That bad huh?" She questioned and he nodded without uttering a single word.
"I'm sorry Honey... I wish I could mend your heart right now."
"Maybe he did not mean it... Or maybe there is a misunderstanding... Or maybe he simply does not deserve the BEST ever man that he will EVER find in this life or the next." She tried coaxing Gulf.
"Or maybe I could find him in Bangkok and give a piece of my mind!" Gulf's mother growled and that brought a smile on his face.
"Hey... Dr Kanawut?" His mother called him.
"Yeah...." Gulf answered.
"Are you crying again Silly Boy?"
"Yeah..."
"You're soaking my brand new blouse! Your stepdad got it for our anniversary!" She huffed and Gulf quickly sat straight while wiping his tears.
"Forever a Cry Baby!" She harrumphed while helping him wipe his tears.
"I love him Mom..."