A Stranger

Gulf laughed when MingMing sped up the scooter. They had been riding around Bangkok for close to an hour. He was thirsty and kind of hungry. He could not remember the last time he rode a motorbike close to midnight. Maybe when Zee and him were younger they did ride around Bangkok but not in the recent years. They had been too busy at being adults.

"MingMing... Let's stop somewhere and chill!" Gulf told MingMing.
"Sure!!" MingMing scanned the roadside and stopped near a food court.
"Is this place okay?"
"Of course! I'm not fussy." Gulf said to MingMing.
"I don't know... I don't have a rich boyfriend... How would I know..." MingMing teased him.
"Hah... Zee said that your wristwatch costs thousands... And your shoes a couple of thousands more!" Gulf pointed out.
"Zee told you that? Come on Gulf... These are knock offs!" MingMing said while taking off his helmet.
"And you gave Zee the money to buy this Vespa..." Gulf told him.
"Chip in... Not paid for the whole damn thing!" MingMing scoffed.
"MingMing..."
"Hey... You picked me up from Patpong and nursed me to health... Plus... You let me stay with you even when you did not know me."
"I still do not know you MingMing." Gulf smiled at him.
"Maybe you should at least tell us your real name..." He added.
"Why do you let me stay? If you knew... I haven't been truthful?" MingMing questioned Gulf.
"I don't know... But I know that... Here..." Gulf pointed at MingMing's chest.
"You are a good guy." He smiled.
"You're too naive..." MingMing shook his head.
"Shut up! I am not!"
"Zee is naive too..." MingMing muttered.
"He's not!" gulf bristled.
"Never say bad things about Zee... Or your sugar daddy... Mew!" MingMing smirked.
"He's NOT my sugar daddy!" Gulf punched MingMing's arm.
"You hit me because of Mew? How could you?" MingMing grumbled.
"You don't know the man!" Gulf glared at him.
"Yeah... Yeah... I know... You told me so many times already!" MingMing locked the Vespa and made his way to the entrance of the food court.
"Hey... Why aren't you with the old man? You usually would head to his place when you're not working?" He asked Gulf as they tried to find an empty table in the bustling food court.
"He's busy... And then he will go to the US for 2 weeks." Gulf explained while MingMing nodded.
"Maybe a very important shipment that he has to be there." MingMing murmured.
"Excuse me? What did you say?" Gulf tilted his head trying to hear MingMing better.
"Nothing... Maybe he's there for something important... That's all." MingMing shared and Gulf Nodded.
"I guess... I sometimes feel that he is a stranger to me... But not a stranger cause he's my boyfriend...." Gulf muttered and sat at an empty table. MingMing simply stared at him.
"Should we order?" MingMing asked.
"I am actually hungry!" Gulf said and smiled at MingMing.
"What do you want Gulf? Let me get them for you." MingMing offered.
"Get me Coke and some mmm... Noodle soup?" Gulf said and off MingMing went to get their food.

Gulf fished his cell phone out and called Mew. He waited for Mew to answer his call. He immediately perked up when Mew answered his call.

"Hey Mew!"
"Hi Gulf."
"Where are you?"
"At a meeting... You Baby?"
"Meeting? Am I disturbing you? I'm so sorry." Gulf apologised.
"I won't be answering your call if you were bothering me Kitten."
"Don't call me that..." Gulf whispered while sounding absolutely scandalous.

Mew laughed at him at the other end.

"It's fine Baby... I am alone for now... I will start the meeting in like... Half an hour." Mew explained.
"That is like... After midnight."
"Yup... I do business with people around the world Baby."
"I guess...But Mew..."
"Yes Kitten?"
"You must take care of yourself."
"I am Kitten... Don't worry."
"I am outside right now with MingMing."
"Outside? MingMing? Doing what?" Mew asked Gulf.
"Riding my new scooter!" Gulf told Mew excitedly.
"Scooter?" Mew questioned him.
"Yeah... Scooter... It's cute!" Gulf gushed.
"Zee and MingMing got it for me... I think... I think I told you about it." He murmured.
"You did... Congratulations on your new scooter Baby... Ride carefully... If anything happens to you... I will beat MingMing up!"
"What? That does not make any sense Mew." Gulf asserted.
"To me... If any mishaps happen to you and that BOY is with you... HE is responsible!"
"Mew... That's nor fair." Gulf complained.
"It's actually ludicrous!" He continued while Mew laughed at him.
"I miss you Kitten..." Mew suddenly said.
"I miss you too Mew."
"I can't wait for you to come back from the US so that... Well.. So that... I can finally move in with you." Gulf told him.
"Me too Kitten... Me too..."
"I know what I want from the US Mew..." Gulf told him.
"What is it Kitten?"
"May I have T-shirts? From... Las Vegas and... New York."
"Sure Kitten."
"Mew... May I get the T-shirts for Zee and MingMing too? If that's okay with you..." Gulf requested.
"I can do that Baby... No problem!"
"Thank you Mew."
"You are welcome Kitten."
"MingMing is coming with our food... Call me tomorrow before you leave."
"I will Baby... You take care... Stay safe."
"Bye Mew... I... I... I will miss you." Gulf murmured while regretting his reluctance to tell Mew that he loved him.
"Bye Kitten."