Chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
"Jack Frost's Warning"

Iduna had her blue eyes busy reading the map, Agnar was also reading what she is reading. They are figuring out the symbols and alphabets written in the scroll. Each symbols represents anything that are related to enchanted forest. As parents, they can't bear to see their children away from each other. One suffering because of loneliness and one suffering because of her powers.

Anna and Elsa knows that they are out for a several meetings with their accomplices. Little did they know, Queen Iduna and King Agnar were out to find an answer for Elsa. They first set off for the lands, search where the forest stands. Until one morning, they decided to sail and find Atohallan to which Queen Iduna said who holds the answer about the past.

"Can you read the alphabets?", King Agnar asked.

"A little, it's far different from what alphabet we used before. These symbols are very familiar to me", Queen Iduna said as she trace her fingers through the scroll, King Agnar drew a circle between Lichen meadows and Dark Sea.

"If this means that Atohallan is above all the places inside of this map, we have to sail the Dark Sea to get there. Are my illustration right?", King Agnar said showing the illustration to his wife. No one has ever seen Atohallan before, King Agnar assumed that it's very far from where their kingdom stood.

"Yes, we need to sail across the dark sea to see Atohallan. When we found the answer about Elsa, she will be reunited with our Anna again", Queen Iduna said happily. She put down the map, stand up and hugged her husband. King Agnar happily hugged her back. "We can do this together, we will do this together", King Agnar said burying his face to Queen Iduna's neck. His warm hugs sends comfort to their worried souls. They barely get any sleep because of seeking answers for Elsa. It's tiring to see the imbalance of duties and mental health.

Outside the window, flew Jack Frost. He overheard everything about what King Agnar and Queen Iduna talked about. He quickly shifted his sight to Gale who sounded very worried. "This is no good... They're... going to sail the dark sea and I'm certain that there lives water spirit. It's aggressive and will do everything to protect it's territory", Jack worriedly said. "I got to warn her!", he exclaimed.

Jack Frost waited in the corridor where Elsa's door stood. He's anxious. He need to warn Queen Iduna about dark sea and what it can do to them. Angry magical spirits are not for humans, it is the human they hated because they ruined what nature preserved. From the distance, he heard Queen Iduna's footsteps, she's carrying a candle holder. Only the light of the candle gives light to her path.

The guardian moves at a very fast speed making Queen Iduna stop when she felt wind approaching her direction, causing her candle to ran out of light. She shivered a little, clutching to her scarf. "Your majesty", Jack Frost said. He's worried.

"Jack.. What are you doing here? Is Elsa fast asleep?", Queen Iduna asked. Only the light from the moon gave Jack Frost's features emphasis, the light from man in the moon illuminating from the big triangular window. Queen Iduna sees his worried cyan blue eyes, it's her first time to see his eyes this tense up. Whenever she saw him from the past is a happy guardian who have his eyes full of fun and excitement. Her guts tells her that something's wrong.

"She's sleeping. Queen Iduna you got to listen to what I am about to say", Jack Frost said.

"I'm all ears", Queen Iduna said. She grasped tightly to her scarf, her heart beating uncontrollably because of the signals she's getting from the guardian. His eyes glow as the moonlight reflected on it, making his feature more wintry.

Jack breathed in and let out a sigh. He's calming himself down so that he can express what he's about to say to her. Grasping tight to his staff that are now absorbing frost, he spoke. "You cannot sail the dark sea", He said straightly.

"What, why? I don't understand I--", Jack cut Queen Iduna. He put his cold hand in front of him, signifying that she should let him finish.

"You're not safe. You and your husband, even your kingdom are not. How badly I want to tell you the reason, to where your kingdom stood is fatal. Arendelle stood for centuries, it was founded by several kings who progressed and upgraded it's society. One King got it all messed up. I'm not allowed to tell you who that King is. You shall not sail across the dark see your majesty. Angry magical spirits are no for the faint of heart, they hold grudge against humans. Find a better solution your majesty, I'm begging you. There is a right way to find the answer for Princess Elsa", Jack continued. "You'll die out there, turn the tables and rethink. I have all respect to your pure soul and so as your husband's. This is my warning your majesty, please lend your ear and rethink", Jack Frost bowed in front of her.

Queen Iduna lost her words, thoughts are fighting inside of her head. "I'll take my leave. Send my regards to the King". And to that, in one snap, Jack Frost flew out of the castle. Queen Iduna's fixed mind got jumbled up because of Jack's warning. She dropped the candle holder. Her scarf hang to her left shoulder, revealing her violet sleeves on the right. Her mouth hang open a little, astonished to what she heard. Her heart tells her to listen to Jack, the guardian of fun and mischief at the same time... But her mind tells her to proceed the plan. King Agnar got out of his bedroom, a gust of wind awakened him from his nightmare. He didn't know that he fell asleep because of thinking too much. Gale woke him up. His nightmares made him trembled.

"Elsa.. No...she..", He can't find the words to say. King Agnar noticed that Queen Iduna is not by his side. He got off his bed and dash out of his room. When King Agnar opened another door, he saw Queen Iduna standing in the corridor. Her candle holder lay down on the floor quiet and her scarf fell from her right shoulder. She looked troubled. King Agnar saw her breathing fast as he approach her. "My love, what's wrong?", he asked. Queen Iduna faced him, crying continuously on his chest as she hug him. King Agnar hugged back, rubbing Queen Iduna's back. He kissed her fragrant hair, pulling her more close. "Shh.. There.. Everything is okay now..", King Agnar comforted her.