Chapter 40

CHAPTER FORTY:
"The Secret Door"

Princess Anna stood outside the queen's doors, curious. She couldn't get the view of what she had witnessed earlier. It is an angry whirl of wind, protecting her sister. It shoved Prince Jackson away from Queen Elsa. "That wind... It's strange", she said pacing back and forth while rubbing her chin. "And the Prince of Transylvania, the second son of King Luther doesn't look like his father. Who could he be?", Anna scrunched her eyebrows. "It seems like I've seen him somewhere..", she murmured.

"Your highness?", Anna flinched when Prince Jackson's voice appeared behind her. She quickly turned her heels to face him. She smiled as if she's not brainstorming earlier.

"Oh! Right! Yes! Of course it's just you! What is it Prince Jackson?", Anna asked the young prince. She put her hands behind her back, fiddling her fingers as she sways her body clockwise-counterclockwise.

"I'm here to ask if the queen is conscious? I couldn't stop worrying", Prince Jackson said. Princess Anna stares at Prince Jackson's face, scanning it if he's saying the truth. When Anna recognized the truth in his eyes, she answered.

"She has not woken up yet", Princess Anna said in a strict and protective manner. She's still trying to remember where she have seen him. Her body kept telling her that she have seen his face somewhere.

Prince Jackson ran his slim gloved fingers through his brown locks, he inhaled. "Hey, if you don't mind me asking... Are you really from Transylvania?", Princess Anna asked politely. She leaned in a little towards him. Kristoff stood a few meters away from Princess Anna. He's holding a basin filled with lukewarm water.

His eyebrows furrowed.

'His accent, it do not sound like he's from Romania', Princess Anna said in her mind. Her eyes, examining Prince Jackson's face.

"I am, I am the second son of King Luther. I grew up in England with my mother", Prince Jackson said with such honesty in his voice. He smiled politely to Princess Anna. Kristoff felt jealous, he gave the basin to Alina and left.

King Luther married Queen Fran of Grandsaire to make peace with the boarders, to strengthen the borders of each party. Prince Jackson have his own ways, far different from the King of Romania.

"Ah", Princess Anna said, scrutinizing. She leaned back, wondering. Her blue eyes shifted on the triangular window, still trying to remember where he have seen the man's face.

The door opened, revealing Cassandra with a comforting smile lined in her lips. "Her majesty regained consciousness, your highness", she said. Her aura, positive.

"Good Lord, thank you!", Princess Anna said happily. She entered the room. Queen Elsa was there, sitting at the bed with her eyes set on the big and tall windows of her sanctuary. Princess Anna invited Prince Jackson inside. He gladly accepted the invite and let himself in. Cassandra excused herself along with the servants, closing the door as they leave.

The queen's heart throbs, remembering her first love Jack Frost. She couldn't forget him. He's her everything. "Good afternoon, your majesty", Prince Jackson bowed.

Queen Elsa did not look at him, she convinced herself that it was just someone who look like her beloved Jack Frost. Prince Jackson approached the queen's bed. That's when Queen Elsa glanced at him. She smelled his scent, his was wintry and minty... Just the way she loves it.

"Elsa?", Princess Anna was asking her something.

Prince Jackson and Queen Elsa's eyes met but not the same as her first encounter with the winter guardian. He's just...mortal. "What brought you here Prince Jackson?", Queen Elsa finally spoke to him.