Chapter 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
"Iduna's Past"

It was a hot afternoon at Enchanted Forest, Iduna was eight when she first step her foot away from their home. She kept on reading a book when she stumbled upon a thick wooden staff, Iduna come and picked it up. She closed the book, slipping it inside of her satchel.

Her little hands clasp on the staff, examining why the tip of it was crooked. Iduna's blue eyes examine the wooden staff. "This almost looks like it's a hook--", Iduna stopped speaking when Gale twirled around her. She giggled because of being tickled by the wind.

Jack stood behind her, he's watching the girl lifted by Gale high up in the air. She doesn't show fear, she's having fun. Iduna is always magic curious. "Put me down, I'm dizzy", Iduna giggled.

Jack Frost motioned his hand down, Gale let go of Iduna. She twirled around her, causing her brown locks to hit her face. Iduna giggled, ready to pick up the staff that's now covered with maple tree's leaves.

When Iduna was about to pick it up, frost started to form in it. The staff glows, flying above her knees. She gasped. "Woah...", Iduna was about to touch it when it flew fast behind her causing her to duck and cover herself. Her eyes gazed at a man who's wearing a royal blue plain sweat shirt, brown capri pants that have criss cross strings tied on both of his legs making the pants fit. He have a brown hood on and a cape, he's not wearing any shoes.

The man was looking down, Iduna narrowed her eyes to see him better. She took a few steps towards him until she ran fast to the man leaning against the birch tree. He whistled, causing Iduna to go back to where she was standing. Iduna tried again but the wind put her back to her position again to where she found the staff. "Who are you mister...? It is my first time to see you in this forest..? May I know your name?", Eight year old Iduna asked bravely. Her soft hands, clutching in the strap of her satchel.

The man flew up, causing Iduna to be amazed. "You're the first person who found out about me", he smirked. Jack Frost pulled down his hood, revealing his white-silvery hair, cyan blue eyes, thin lips and pale skin. He's holding his staff.

"Oh my..", Iduna tried her best not to shout in happiness. "I know you! You.. you are the man in the book I am reading!", Iduna pulled out the book from her satchel. Jack smirked, landing down.

"The one and only!", Jack proudly said.

"Where did you found the book?", Jack asked the young lady.

"I found this book covered in red cloth while I was walking on the shore yesterday. I thought someone left it there so I decided not to grab it just in case someone came back. Uh... And...", Iduna explained.

"And?", Jack smirked waiting for her unfinished explanation.

"And I came back the next day. I took it and read it inside my room", Iduna showed him the book. The book page looks old, it's front page was brown like a leaf that's about to dry and it's pages looks pale like it existed thousand of years ago. It has a string at the edge of the book where you can close the book, making a ribbon.

'She found Katherine's book', Jack thought. That's where Jack Frost's story started, to how he started to be a guardian of fun. Katherine was looking over Northuldra people when she dropped the book at the sea. 'That woman, seriously', Jack scoffed in his mind.

"Hmmm I guess you believed in the character of the book, it made you see me", Jack said.

Iduna nodded. "I'm almost half the book", Jack gasped flying over to Iduna.