Chapter 8

CHAPTER EIGHT:
"I'll Always Remember You"

Jack landed at Tooth palace, the Queen of fairies are busy counting how much teeth they collected today. They're working non-stop. It made Jack Frost smile when the tooth fairies welcomed him. Baby tooth flew towards her mother Toothiana, daughter of Haroom and Rashmi, sister of Vanish, her sister that used to drive Jack crazy.

"Jack! You visited!", Toothiana flew over to him. She gave him a hug which the guardian of fun gladly returned. Jack nodded, chuckling. Toothiana let go of him, Baby tooths squealed behind her. "Keep it together girls", she scolded them in a motherly manner.

"It's fine, hey I'm here to ask you questions about the tapes", Jack sounded different in Toothiana's ears. Did she heard him right? About the tapes? What about it? Her violet eyes became uneasy, Jack read that. He knows that Toothiana reminisced what happened in the past. Where Pitch flooded universe with nightmares. "It's not what you think", he calmed her down.

"Is there a purpose why you're asking me about the tapes?", Toothiana asked. Putting a hand atop Jack's shoulder, her violet eyes meet his cyan blue. He slowly nod, pursing his lips.

"Maybe you can tell me about Iduna's past. I just need a story, I know you know what happened years ago", Jack muttered.

"Jack, every tapes are children's sanctuary. It is Queen Iduna's sanctuary. We cannot meddle with their memories. It's my duty to keep it private", Toothiana asked. It is true, as the guardian of memories it is her duty to keep it exclusive. Her tooth palace contains millions of memory box all over the globe. Every corner of Tooth palace's sector contains childhood, adult and even senior citizen's teeth. Tooth fairy is a mother to everyone, she takes care of their memories preciously. Keeping their memories a secret. Whenever someone needs to recall a memory, baby tooths touch the blue diamond in the middle of the golden tube that have a picture of the person in front to classify whose memory is it and it serves as a play button.

"Okay I understand", Jack said sadly. He slipped his hand inside the hoodie pocket, readying himself for take off. Toothiana grabbed his wrist, making him look at her. Jack landed his feet on the ground, his eyes are talking to her with 'why?' expression shown in it.

"I can tell you some of the memories I have when I last visited her", Toothiana nicely said. She cares for Jack, she knows the main reason why Jack is in her palace. Toothiana knew how much Jack Frost cared about Iduna when she was young. Among all the children in the world, she is the only one that knows how to call out for him. There is no day that he didn't get excited of visiting her just like what he is doing with Princess Elsa. This time, it's much different. His duty is the one that is calling for him and not Elsa.

Jack sighed. "Okay". They walked out of the palace and headed to the river of memories. Jack sat down atop boulder, leaning his staff on his shoulder. He ran his fingertips in his soft white-silvery hair, letting out a breath. Jack felt so guilty of not being able to visit Iduna for many years.

"Can I ask a question if you permit me Jack?", Toothiana asked. Jack Frost looked up, he bit his lower lip before humming as a response to her answer. "I know this would hurt but can Iduna see you?", The Queen of memories felt a strong feeling in her guts that she don't.

As a guardian, it is the most painful part. Painful in a way the guardians will meet new kids that will see them and let go of kids that doesn't see them anymore. "No, she can't anymore", Jack whispered. There is discomfort present in his voice. His heart, screaming agony. He want her to see him again. Toothiana then put a hand on his shoulder, his eyes that are about to sore because of averted tears.