Chapter 37

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN:
"The Sacrifice"

Alone

Confused

Shattered

Tears, spilling in every corner of their blue wintry eyes

The wind whistle loudly at Antarctica, there goes Jack Frost... screaming on top of his lungs. "Why is love so cruel!?", Jack Frost yelled angrily. His white-silvery hair, a color no one has and none like it brushed back by the wind as he take out his anger. He wanted to be with the woman he love, the first mortal he put his heart into after years of being alone in terms of 'love', 'relationship' and 'partnership'.

"I don't understand why there has to be rules..", beads of precious tears stroll down his porcelain pinkish cheeks. Jack Frost bite his lower lip as he control his sob.

The fun guardian ran out of enthusiasm that day, he's like a statue with a poker face. Jack Frost did not mind the angry whistle of the arctic wind, not even minding to control it. He lied down the cold snow, staring at the foggy sky of Antarctica. Nothing but cold, sorrow and guilt. There is the feeling of questioning the nature, from why did they created such rule.

" There must be a valid reason behind it...", Jack Frost whispered. He put his forearm over his eyes and release a frustrated sigh. His right hand clutch his hair. Just that, his sobs can be heard everywhere in arctic countries. The rain, the wind and the weather turned stormy in a day.

Mother Nature sighed. " Someday, you will understand Jack, I promise", she let out a sad smile. Her assistants calmed the weather. Jack Frost went absent for a couple of weeks. He's nowhere to be seen. He did not left any letter to his fellow guardian. Jack hide very well, from his responsibility and the world. Wanting to

To have time to..

Think..

Think of the alternatives..

Think of what he can do..

He just can't let go of her.

He loves her, she loves him.

Their mortality and immortality are the hindrances in their love.

A love that not even Cupid can fix.

Nor Mother Nature can bind..

Due to the law of immortality as a guardian.

Meanwhile at Arendelle, the Princess's horse came back panicking. Prince Hans saw Kjekk put the wind up from the distance, kicking in the air and neighing in fright. The guards turned in Kjekk's direction, worried. They ran towards the panicking mount. Prince Hans got his hand on Kjekk, rubbing it's nape to calm it down. "Woah! Easy boy! Easy!", he said as he pull down the rein. Kjekk calmed down a little.

Prince Hans's green eyes shift at the cold, big and snowy mountain. "This..is a good opportunity ..", he mouthed. "Princess Anna is in danger!", Prince Hans shouted. The guard took the rein from his hand politely, accompanying the prince. "I need to volunteers to come with me and find her!", he shouted proudly while raising his left hand.

The Duke of Weselton raise his palm, rising an eyebrow as he volunteer two of his men. There is darkness in the tone of his voice, commanding his men to end Queen Elsa's life once they found her. The old hag turned his back against the people of Arendelle, going inside the palace he had been wanting to invade. Treason is the purpose why he docked to Arendelle the moment the coronation was announced. A dark plan that is soon to be on the road.