Chapter 44

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR:
"Into The Unknown"

Princess Anna, Kristoff and Olaf got off the carriage. As they enter the palace, Princess Anna couldn't help but to think of her sister who has troubles in her eyes. "I wonder if Elsa is okay?..", Princess Anna stopped walking.

"What's wrong Anna?", Olaf asked. He looked up at Anna, lightly squeezing her soft hand to relieve Anna's thoughts. Lord Kristoff looked at Anna the same way Olaf did.

"Is Elsa okay?", Kristoff asked Anna. He knew his girlfriend, he knows that there was something wrong because Anna did not talk much in the patrol.

"I don't think she is okay", Anna asked.

"Who?", Olaf asked.

"I think my sister likes Prince Jackson but I'm mistaken, her eyes seeks for something, like an answer", Anna said. Her voice, low and soft. She put a hand over her heart, it's racing.

Olaf sensed it. "The best way to relieve the tension is to visit her chambers, she must be there or if not, she's in her studies"

"I agree, I don't like it when you're fretting", Kristoff gently grabbed Anna's hand and rubbed it using his thumb. His honey eyes looked at Anna's blue ones. Olaf lightly squealed.

"I believe I must, she must have been pressured of the marriage thingy", Anna said. She smiled a little. Bending down, she pat Olaf's head. "How about you guys go ahead and go to the dining room. I'll be down with you all later", she said.

"Yes your highness", Olaf said. He giggled. Tugging on the hem of Kristoff's patrolling suit. Kristoff glanced down to Olaf.

"Go on honey, I'll come down and join you all later", Anna smiled. She gave Kristoff a kiss on the cheek before cupping his cheek, giving him a reassuring smile.

"As you command, your highness", Kristoff bowed before being escorted to the dining hall with Olaf.

Anna breathed in, thinking positive. She started to walk, trying to calm her thoughts. Ever since they went to the secret chamber, Elsa's eyes were not calm as it is like before. The happiness in her eyes turned gray, melancholic and full of worries. The Queen looked weary the past few weeks.

'She's been turning around, as if she's hearing something I couldn't hear. And every time that happens, her breathing becomes shallow, rapid. I wonder if she's okay? We promised not to hide to each other and yet, she's not telling me about it. Every time I sleep in her room, she wakes up in the middle of the night and go to the balcony with mother's scarf. She looks up at the night sky as if she's waiting for someone', Anna thought.

Twisting the doorknob of the library, she peeked inside but Elsa wasn't there. She went to the Queen's study but she's not there as well. "Okay, her room it is", Anna said. When she was about to open the door, she heard a light thud from the inside.

'Must have been Elsa cleaning her room since she likes organizing her room by herself. An independent Queen', Anna smiled. She opened the door slightly, peeking. Relieved when she saw her sister sleeping, she got inside and closed the door behind her. She walked towards Elsa, bending down on her knees.

"Oh Elsa, please tell me what's bothering you. I can't bare the fact that you're carrying the weight on your shoulders by yourself", Anna kissed Elsa's forehead before standing up. Her eyebrows furrowed in curiosity when she saw the box Queen Fran sent to Queen Elsa. "What is this?", She asked.