chapter two.

"I don't know why I always pack so much," Taylor grumbled, "Its not like I can't go out and buy more clothes if I need to." She always packed everything but the kitchen sink - that's just the way she was. The tour was starting tomorrow, and she was excited for that, but also very nervous. She'd been keeping the same schedule and order of the places she visited during the Reputation tour, and tonight they were on their way to Arizona. Taylor's parents were meeting them at the airport this afternoon.

She couldn't believe that tomorrow night, she'd be on a stage again. It felt like she hadn't been on a stage in such a long time, when in reality it was only just a couple of years ago.
Tour always made her stressed. Not due to money or anything like that, but she always got herself so stressed about making it perfect for all the fans. She always did this, and one time she made herself sick with worry that it wasn't going to go perfect for the fans. She was worried about doing that to herself again, because she knew how much the fans were looking forward to the tour, she'd been scrolling for hours yesterday reading about how excited they all were to see her perform. She knew they would be, and their excitement helped her to feel better, but added to her stress.

They'd spend all day tomorrow practicing on the stage. Taylor would be on vocal rest the whole day, and she'd be waiting anxiously for it all to start.
"If packing lots of things makes you feel better," Joe said as he was packing his own bag. It was not even half as full of Taylor's. "Then do it. I mean, there's going to be times where we've got time to ourselves, anyway. Don't we have a break for a couple of days after the first one?"
"Yes, we do. I thought that it would be a good idea because I haven't performed in a while - and it gives us time to do some nice things for ourselves." Taylor walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his back, resting her head on his back. "Thank you for coming with me," she murmured. "I know that it's a lot... and I'm so grateful that you took this year off acting to come and be with me."
"Taylor, I wouldn't want it any other way. I think this year is going to be the best." He turned around, kissing her softly. "You're the best, love. It's going to be great. You can do this." He always seemed to tell her exactly what she needed to hear, and she never knew how he did it.
"It's going to be so fun, going on tour with you. It's going to be busy and hectic... but it'll be great. I get to go on tour with my best friend." She kissed him softly had he chuckled.
"See? There's nothing to worry about. Except for the fact that you might need another suitcase." Taylor burst out laughing. Joe always managed to make her feel as if everything was going to be okay, and that was the type of reassurance that she needed.

"How could you send that video to Jimmy - did you edit it?" Taylor asked her mom with a smile as they boarded her plane.
"You know I could never figure out how to edit them together," her mom grinned as her dad laughed. "Luckily Austin was able to edit them together for me."
Taylor's mouth dropped open in surprise. "Austin was in on it too?!"

The entire plane ride was spent laughing, and Taylor had forgotten how nice it was to have her parents go with her on tour. Now she had Joe with her, and he held her hand the entire time, with Meredith sitting on his lap, she realised how much she would enjoy this. Meredith hardly ever wanted to be with Taylor now - if she could have the choice between Taylor and Joe, she'd always choose Joe. Taylor wasn't hurt by that at all, because Olivia still loved her the most.
The flight drew to an end, and Taylor started to feel excitement creep in. She couldn't wait for it to start, for her to be standing on that stage, all the lights on her and her crew.

The nerves flickered away the closer they got to the stadium. Joe and Taylor's dad were arriving later, as they were going to the hotel with all their bags. Taylor looped an arm through her moms.
"I didn't think I'd ever feel like this again," she beamed with a smile. "I really didn't." She skipped a step as she saw her beautiful stage.
"I didn't think I'd ever see you smile again, honey, and look at you! I don't think I've looked at you once and you haven't been smiling!" Her mom squeezed her hand. Taylor was so beyond excited. She didn't think she'd be at all excited, but she was. She'd forgotten how much she loved touring - except for the stressful parts where she gets tired and always ends up having a breakdown or something like that.