chapter one.

- this is book two of my wisteria hearts series! If you haven't read book one yet, make sure that you do!! It is called Wisteria Hearts and Caged Folk Songs -

It was the first time she'd done an interview in five years.
It was the first time she'd even considered appearing on a show.
The thought of it had scared her to the point of no return. But she was in a far better place than she was back then. She was healthier, happier and she knew deep down that she could do this. Joe had been hyping her up all morning, telling her how amazing she looked and he even offered to do some practice interviews with her. She took him up on the offer because she was so stressed.

What would they say? There was no doubt that they'd bring up what happened with Adam... or why she wasn't friends with Karlie anymore... and she hoped that she'd be able to come up with a correct answer for each of them. Some of the hosts had a way of making you answer questions that you really didn't want to, and Taylor knew that firsthand with Ellen. She knew that she had to keep her guard up when she was having an interview with her.
"You're going to be the most beautiful person they've had on the show since you last went on there." She was going on Jimmy Fallon tonight, it was three days before she'd be walking onto the Lover stage for the first time, and she was glad her mind was focused on something other than that.

Jimmy Fallon was ultimately one of her favourite hosts to talk to - and she knew that he wouldn't ask her too many questions, he'd explicitly told her that he'd avoid topics she felt uncomfortable with. She was so relieved.
"I will not be!" Taylor turned around, putting her arms around his neck. "What do you think Jimmy would do if you walked out there with me?" Taylor asked with a smile.
"Looking like this?" Joe motioned to his jeans and T-shirt with a disgusted look on his face. "I could never."
"Well I happen to think that you look gorgeous in jeans and a T-shirt." She kissed his cheek. "I wish that I could get away with jeans and a T-shirt." She grumbled. Her stylist had come around earlier with an outfit to wear. Taylor had requested something that wasn't too clingy, something that hid her stomach. She had put on weight recently, and she was beginning to fall in love with the way she looked, but she still didn't want to see photos of herself in a tight dress all over social media. She'd learnt to avoid social media completely, because last time she'd seen a photo of herself in a singlet, it had let her eating disorder take hold of her again.

She was healthy. For the first time in years, she was a healthy weight, and she couldn't wait to do a tour where she wouldn't feel like she was going to faint after each song. It made her sad to think about how she'd never really enjoyed touring that much because she felt faint most of the time. Not this time. She could go on a hike with Joe now, and not even feel the slightest bit sick, or faint.
"You totally could - you could just wear jeans and that purple cat T-shirt you love." He shrugged. "I think that you can wear whatever you want."
"I can't wear whatever I want," she grinned. "What I want to wear is reserved for your eyes only."
"Well of course I won't argue with that," Joe smirked as she kissed him.

She was finally finding her feet in the whole physical affection side of things with Joe. They'd gone further and further each time they'd done it, and it was at the point now where Taylor trusted him completely. She knew that the moment she didn't want to continue, he'd stop. That had happened a few times, and Joe had cuddled with her in bed instead.

She'd stopped being embarrassed about that sort of thing, because Joe really didn't make her feel stressed about it. But now, she was capable of having sex - and the fact that she was having sex with Joe made it all the more special. She loved him so much. It may have taken just under a year to get to that point, but if someone had asked her if she thought she'd ever be at that point a year ago, she would have said no.
"What are you going to do while I'm with Jimmy?" Taylor asked him as they swayed side to side.
"Hmm... let's see... I am going to, in all honesty, take a bath with a good book."
"I wish that I could join you." Taylor sighed.
"Well, I could wait for you to get home..." Joe grinned. "I have plenty of other things I can do."
"No, you don't have to wait for me," she kissed his cheek. "I'll be shattered when I get home," She wished that she could stay here with him forever.
"I'll be here when you get back, my love. You know I will. You can tell me all about it." He cupped her cheek. "And you look beautiful. Your hair looks lovely like that." Joe never made any comment about how clothes sat on her, about anything he knew that she'd be self conscious about. Instead, he often complimented her on her other features, like her eyes, hair or lips. It helped Taylor to forget about her eating disorder.
"I'll see you when I get home." She kissed him again, before finally letting him go.