11: No?

Chapter 11: No?

Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight.
- Drake

Listen to Cheap Thrills by Sean Paul ft Sia.

Dedicated to aheartofpink

-

"NOPE," she turned to me with a sly smile.

I gasped.

"How dare you?! You are the most-"

"Amazing friend a girl could have? Trust me, I know," she cut me off.

"I can't believe you," I muttered crossing my arms, "I should have known you and Ivan were up to something when you stopped begging me to go to the party."

"And you're damn right we were," she added laughing richly and made a turn.

She drove into a building which looked like a house or something. I couldn't tell actually because it was really dark outside. I opened the car door and slammed it in annoyance.

"Hey Zuri!" Selena called.

"What?" I answered.

"Zuri!" She called out waving the hoops she had given me earlier in her hand.

I snatched them from her and stuffed them in my bag.

"Why aren't you wearing them?" She asked while climbing up the front porch.

"You forced me to come to the party, dress up, get my nails done and get a face beat all against my will, you are definitely not making me wear earrings that I don't want to wear," I pushed the doorbell and I could hear the faint sound of music coming from inside the house.

The door was flung open and I saw Ivan who looked at me as if he couldn't recognize me any more.

"It's me, you idiot," I said and rolled my eyes.

"Zuri?" He seemed confused.

"Yeah."

"You look... different," he commented.

"Thanks to my amazing friend," I said sarcastically.

"I can't believe you actually came," he said actually sounding convincing.

"Against my will," I said and brushed past him going into the house.

"What pissed in her dinner?" He asked Selena quietly.

"Nothing, she's just really mad that I made her come when she didn't want to." She said.

As soon as I walked into the house, I could feel the heat that emanated from too many bodies being choked into a small space. I searched frantically with my eyes for somewhere to sit down because I was honestly tired and stressed out. I saw an armchair which was not being occupied by anyone so I settled into the chair and just watched everything that was going on. People fist pumping while jumping up and down to crappy music. People dancing and grinding on one another. People making out in corners that weren't properly lit. Some at the bar drinking what they liked and others just sitting around, like me. I'm guessing they don't want to be here either.

"What are you doing all by yourself?" the familiar British accent said from somewhere beside me.

"Avoiding people," I said not turning to look at his compelling green eyes.