21: Hair.

Chapter 21: Hair

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
— Lucille Ball

Listen to Dance Monkey.

I just really like the song and it's been stuck in my head all week and I couldn't find a song for this chapter.
-

"WHAT?"

"Would you like to be part of the school's gymnastic team?" He rephrased.

I blinked and was stunned for a moment before finally realizing that I was just offered a spot in the gymnastic team.

"Oh my God! Yes, I would love to," I told him.

"That's good," he opened his drawer and took out an envelope, " Fill this form and bring it to me tomorrow morning."

"Okay sir, I will," I was giddy with excitement as I left the office. I closed the door and went toy locker and found Selena waiting there.

"What did Old Charlie say?"

"Principal Charles?" I asked. I often wondered why they called him that.

"Yeah, whatever," she said as I opened my locker to collect my things and walk home probably by myself because Selena's shift for her job at the pizzeria was today. I was a little surprised when she told me she had a job at the pizzeria.

"Well, he offered me a spot on the gymnastic team," I told her.

"Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed and let out one of her high pitched squeals while I proceeded to cover my ears to avoid going deaf. "That is totally elite." She said.

"Elite?"

"Yeah, being in that team totally upgrades your social status. Brittany's there-"

"Brittany's there?" I questioned.

"Yeah," she said and turned her phone on to check the time.

"Oops, I'm running late. Can I call you later?" She said quickly hiking her bag up from the floor on her right shoulder.

"Sure, bye," I waved.

"Bye," she said and ran off.

I stuffed my books into my bag and closed my locker before walking out of the school. I started to walk home with ally disjointed thoughts about anything and everything suddenly flying though my mind when a familiar motorcycle drove past me and stopped in front of me.

I smiled almost instantly and said excitedly, "Liam."

"Someone's excited to see me," he said in his usual cocky tone, taking off his helmet and shaking his oh-so-curly hair like a dog that was just given a bath.

"Oh, please." I scoffed, "don't flatter yourself."

"You heading home?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Okay, hop on." He told me casually.

"I don't have a helmet," I told him.

"Does it really matter?" He joked.

"Safety first," I said lamely.

"What are you? Five?" He stifled a laugh.

"No, reasonable," I said before climbing on the bike and positioning myself behind him.

"Just climb on and wear my helmet if it makes you feel better," he handed me his helmet.

"Thanks," I took it and put it on.