17: Pineapples.

Chapter 17: Pineapples.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow,
Learn as if you were to live forever.
- Mahatma Gandhi.

Listen to Family Is Family by Kate Musgraves.

-

"GUYS MEET STORMI," he said.

A little boy who looked like he was about eight years old stepped out of the file, which they had created when they all came downstairs, and started walking around me slowly. I felt like a specimen that was being observed. I didn't like it.

After about thirty seconds of walking, he stopped and stepped backwards then said a few things to his sister who also looked about his age.

Are they twins?

"Hey," I said feeling socially awkward at the moment but doing my best to hide it.

"Hi Stormi," they chorused.

"My name's not really Stormi," I said before laughing shortly, "some people," I looked at Liam who grinned, "just don't know how to call others by their real name. My name is actually Zuri" I finished.

"I like her," one of them said.

"Hey Zuri," another one, seemingly the oldest said. He had blue eyes. Not the usual blue, it's like a dim, mysterious blue. He also had brown hair, he was tall, about 6"4.

"Hi." I responded.

"I'm Ben, nice to meet you." he said and shook my hand briefly.

"Nice to meet you too Benjamin," I told him in return. He had the same accent as Liam. He looked... mysterious?

The next one who came to meet me had messy brown hair that looked like it needed to be cut. He had sharp blue eyes. The kind your local player would have. He took the back of my hand and laid a chaste kiss on it before saying, "I'm Ian but you can call me the man of your dreams."

I took my hand out of his, my face heating up, and said, "Ian is fine."

"Leave her alone Ian." Liam muttered while he was scrolling through his phone.

"If you insist," he smirked and gave way for the next brother.

"Already met you so, I'll move on now," Sam said, his grey blue eyes gleaming with mischief as he grinned.

I smiled back at him as he left the room to somewhere which was adjoined to the parlour. Probably the kitchen.

"Hi, I'm Josh," he looked like he was about fifteen years old. He had light brown hair and grey blue eyes, almost like Sam's but more of the grey than blue in his. He was also tall, well taller than me.

"Hey Josh," I said.

"Hi Zuri, nice to meet you." His accent was British mixed with someone who had stayed in New York for a couple of years.

"It's nice to meet you too," I said with a small smile.

After him another boy who had hair that was nearly as dark as Liam's with Chestnut Brown eyes came up to me and said, "Hi Zuri. I'm Max."

For some reason his name reminded me of a show that I used to watch about two years ago. I can't exactly remember the name but it had something to do with superheroes...

"Nice to meet you Max," I said and shook his hand.

"Hello Zuri. I'm Xander," he said. I think this one was about ten years old. He had light brown eyes, almost the colour of honey and dark hair.