16: Welcome.

Chapter 16: Welcome.

They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
— Carl W. Buechner.

Listen to What You Know 'Bout Love by Pop Smoke.

-

"NO WAY!" Selena exclaimed.

"Yes way," I said as we passed the janitor's closet and saw Liam who was talking to Ivan near his locker and gesturing with his hands as he was talking.

"Be careful though," she told me quietly.

""What do you mean by that?" I asked her as we got into the cafeteria.

"By that, I mean be careful. Like he's really hot and all with a nice accent but he's trouble," she warned.

"Okay," I said because I really didn't want to know more about what that was about.

I picked strawberry milkshake and a cheeseburger. I went to the table where I usually sit with Selena and found Brittany there right next to Ivan who looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Selena muttered under her breath.

"This should be interesting," I murmured.

"Hey Brit!" Selena called.

"What do you want dork?" She asked eating her plate full of...vegetables. Eww.

"Bounce," Selena said and dropped her tray on the table.

"You think you have the right to tell me where to sit?" She asked.

"Stop asking stupid questions and just leave," I told her.

"I wasn't talking to you, idiot," she sneered.

"You are now," I retorted, "come on Selena, let's get out of here."

Just as we turned and we were about to go, we saw Liam.

"Where are you guys going?" Liam asked us.

"Away from here," I answered.

"Why?" He asked but before we could answer, Brittany came up to him and put her hand on his arm.

"Liam dearie," she cooed, "I've been waiting for you for so long, where have you been?"

"Why are you here?" He asked and gently pried her hands off him.

"Oh, that. I just came to ask you to join us at our table," she batted her fake eyelashes.

"No thanks," he said and dropped his tray before sitting next to Ivan who scooted away when Brittany came closer to where he was sitting to persuade Liam to come to her table.

"But why?" She whined.

Yeah, just go on and have a full blown tantrum like the five year old you are.

"Because I like it here." He said.

"What do you see in these dorks anyway?" Brittany asked rolling her eyes.

"How about we talk about this later?" Liam asked in a tone that clearly showed that he was tired of the pointless conversation.

"But I want to talk now," she whined.

"I said, later." Liam said in a firm cold tone and started eating his chicken sandwich.

She pursed her lips and left our table with her face tinted red in embarrassment.