25: Maserati

Chapter 25: Maserati

  Hard days are the best because that's when champions are made.
- Gabby Douglas

Listen to Smile by Sia.

-

"HOW ARE YOU so sure that this 'friend'," I said putting air quotes on the word friend with my hands, "will be able to help me out in gymnastics?"

"Because she's - oh, I don't know - a professional?" Liam retorted.

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "Well, I really don't feel like practicing today so you can leave me alone."

"Oh really? Well, I'm sure you really feel like not making that audition next week Wednesday so, yeah, I'll leave you alone." He said.

He was trying to make me go for this stupid practice with his stupid friend even though I really didn't want to.

Oh the nerve.

"You think I care about that stupid audition?" I said simply to provoke him.

"Of course not sweetheart, I know you care about that stupid audition." He said with a smug look.

"God, you are so infuriating. Do you have any idea how annoying and disturbing you are?" I said as we stepped out of the school and the wind blew my hair out of my face.

"Yeah, I mean, that's why you love me so much." He said smugly.

"Ew, I'm never going to love you, that's just gross." I said and shivered in sheer disgust.

"Keep telling yourself that Stormi," he said as he opened his black Maserati Levante.

"You drive a Maserati?" I asked.

"Yeah, pretty cool huh?"

"No, not cool at all. I don't like them." I said and got into the front seat.

"Why?" He asked and started the car.

"Because I don't," I said.

"How can you not like Maseratis? Do you hear the purr of that engine?" He asked as if I was delusional.

"Because I just don't," I said plainly.

"You have to have a reason," he said.

"Not every thing is done for a reason," I shrugged.

He sighed and proceeded to turn the music up in the car and continued driving. I hummed along to Chun Li by Nicki Minaj when he abruptly switched the music.

"Hey!" I yelled.

"What?" He asked not sparing me a glance and putting his entire focus on the road.

"Why did you switch the music?" I inquired.

"Because Nicki Minaj is trash," he said.

"How can you even say that?" I asked, "Why would you even not like Nicki Minaj?"

"Because I just don't," he said.

"Touche," I said and rolled my eyes and saw a small smile playing on his lips before I turned to look out of the window.

I wound the window down so that I could feel the cool breeze whip my face. It was pretty fun until my hair got in the way. I was going to use the band in my hand to tie it into a ponytail when Liam suddenly mumbled something that I didn't quite catch.