4: Smile.

Chapter 4: Smile.

Listen to Mine by Bazzi

"You're so fucking precious when you smile"
- Mine by Bazzi

"WHY IS HER HAIR IN SUCH A TIGHT PONYTAIL," I murmured to Selena who somehow ended up sitting beside me for the rest of the class after her apology.

"Who?" She asked keenly.

"That girl over there, sitting next to Liam," I said.

"Ohh.... that girl. That's Brittany," she said rolling her eyes.

"Is she always so mean?" I asked.

"You have no idea," she said before laughing sarcastically.

"I thought she was on her period or something so she was just being annoying," I said.

"Nahh. She has this stupid idea that she's the queen bee around here or something," Selena said picking at her nails.

"That's pretty stupid," I scoffed.

"You don't even know the last of it," she said,"you see that guy sitting next to her?"

"Liam?"

"Yeah," she said and turned to face me,"she's been trying to date him since he transferred here in 10th grade."

"Okay..."

"And she's been trying for so freaking long, yet he still ignores her. He doesn't talk to people that much but he's really popular just 'cause he's hot."

"I see. So why is he talking to me?" I asked confused.

"What?" Her attention suddenly turned to me, "he's talking to you?"

"Yeah, it's not that big of a deal so why are you freaking out?" I asked confused.

"It is a big deal," she whisper-shouted.

"Okay..."

All of a sudden, the teacher was in front of our seat.

"Care to share what you were discussing while we're sharing the wonderful wonders of Shakespeare?" She asked looking at me and Selena.

Wonders? I couldn't understand crap. They don't even speak proper English. Using art instead of are and stuff like that. How is that proper English?

"You can't answer?" She said with an awful French accent.

Selena and I looked at each other and looked back at the teacher. She looked at the two of us again and said,

"Detention! Both of you!!"

~

Detention on the second day of school. That's not so bad. I just need to tell Gideon not to pick me up after school.

"Hey Selena?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to make a call," I told her. She sat up straight and asked me,