Chapter 42: Who am I?

It's a peaceful day outside of Capsule corp. all the members of the Z-Fighters are now standing outside in the backyard ready to say goodbye to y/n.

It's been a few days since they all got back from the Tournament of Power and now y/n is officially going back to the 8th universe to reunite with his other friends there. Y/n is now coming out to say goodbye to his friends.

Chichi: *crying* Oh y/n, are you sure you have to leave?

Y/n: Yeah Chichi, my friends in the other universe are probably worried about me. Plus, i want to go off on my own, it's been fun going on adventures with everyone, but i wish to go on my own adventures.

Bulma: Well if you ever need a home to stay you are always welcome.

Y/n: Thanks Bulma

Y/n then began to hug all of his friends and say their own goodbyes. Y/n then walked up to Vegeta and extended out his hand for a handshake knowing that was best he would get. After the handshake he made it to Goku and hugged him goodbye.

Goku: We really are gonna miss you y/n

Y/n: *smirks* More like miss my cooking

Goku: That too, but seriously be careful out there and never stop improving. Even if you are a god now, always remember

Y/n/Goku: There's always someone out there stronger than you.

Y/n: Yeah i understand Goku i won't slack off

Goku: Good, now get going and go on your own adventure

They both hug one last time and y/n walks over to Whis who was waiting patiently for y/n.

Whis: So, you ready to go?

Y/n:Yeah

Whis: Did you make sure to bring those books and scrolls i gave on how to use your divine power?

Y/n: Yup, they're all stored in my pocket dimension I'll be sure to study them diligently

Whis: Good, now let's go

Whis turns around and y/n holds onto his coat. Whis then taps his staff on the ground and they were both enveloped in light and flew up into the sky. Leaving behind a group of waving friends sad to see a long time friend leave once again.

(Scene change)

Y/n and Whis were now traveling through the dimensional gap between universe and are on their way to the 8th. Right now y/n is thinking about something that has been bugging him for a while now.

Y/n: Hey Whis

Whis: Yes y/n

Y/n: I was always wondering, if the dimensional gap is the place between dimensions then is it possible to travel to different dimensions like parallel dimensions where some people in your own dimension don't exist or are different.

(A/n: Foreshadowing😏)

Whis: Why yes, you see the dimensional gap is not just the space between different universes and realms like the underworld or heaven like in some universes. It's also a gateway to different dimensions of the same universe. For example: In the 7th universe there might be a possibilty that in a alternate dimension you don't exist at all or a dimension where other things are different like the geography of planets. These differences create different timelines where certain things don't happen. Like say in a alternate dimension your mother and father don't get together and in turn you don't exist.

Y/n: So if i were to travel through the dimensional gap i might end up in a different dimension which it's basically a copy of the universe I'm already in, but there are many differences like some people i know don't know me or entirely new people are taking their place or they don't exist at all.