Chapter 48: Light Stretching & Noodles!

Y/n was now sitting on his couch listening to the radio on low volume while reading a book. After his fight with the strange girl, he brought her to his apartment to rest and to question her of who she is and why she attacked him. That was almost three days ago and the girl has been laying...or floating ever since.

Yes you read right, she was floating on the bed. For some reason she was floating mid air on the bed and hasn't moved an inch since. Y/n had many questions for her like: Who was she? What was she? Where did she come from? And Why was she here?

Y/n was then brought out of his thoughts when he heard a groan. He closed the book and went upstairs to see the girl holding her head.

Y/n: Are you alright?

Girl: Y-Yeah thanks

Y/n: Do you remember anything?

Girl: A little

Y/n then walks over to a chair near the corner and sits on it. The girl sits on the edge of the bed and keeps stealing glances at y/n.

Y/n: Now then can you tell me who you are?

Girl:.......Rachel

Y/n: Well then Rachel, can you tell my why you are here?

Rachel: ....I ran away

When she said this she put her head down as if she felt guilt about something. Y/n noticed this and stood up from his seat and sat right next to her. She scooted a little away from him to gain a little more distance.

Y/n: What are you running away from?

Rachel: ......My father

Y/n: Why are you running from your father?

Rachel: *flinch*...I-I don't want to talk about it.

This is what intrigued y/n, he has seen signs of abuse from children when he got called in for domestic disturbances. He can see the signs of abuse from children by the way they act. He decided to stop asking about her family problems and decided to ask other questions.

Y/n: Alright, why did you attack me?

Rachel:I-I didn't mean to, i kinda went out of control when you touched me. It felt like you were an enemy of mine and i attacked and went out of control without thinking about it.

Y/n: That's the other thing, what did you do back there and how are you capable of doing it?

Rachel: I'm capable of controlling shadows and darkness, as for how, I'm sorta....special.

Y/n: Are you some kind of bender or something?

Rachel: *shakes head* No, I'm nothing like those bender people. As i said before, I'm kinda special.

Y/n: *nods* Okay then, i don't know what you are or why you are truly here, but i will let it slide. However, can you tell me why that shadow of yours kept stealing.

Rachel: *surprised* It did what?

Y/n: That's how i found you, your shadow lead me to you when it stole the people's belongings.

Rachel: Did you really?

She looked down at her shadow as she asked this and the shadow took form of some sort of bird and landed on her shoulder.