Chapter 47: Raven

Several weeks flew by in no time and now the snow is beginning to fall in Republic City. After Korra was ambushed by Amon, she quit Tarrlok's taskforce which he was unhappy about, but no one cared. The relationship between y/n and Korra is getting better, but it's not back to the way it used to be. They are both still awkward around each other and are still trying to sort out each others feelings.

During this time y/n has getting more arrests underneath his belt and solved several more cases. The Chief during this time promoted him once again into police sergeant and is now leading a team of officers who were once his seniors. This dealt a huge blow to their pride to know that a rookie became their superior in a short amount of time, but they sucked it up and did as they were told.

Currently, y/n and several officers were in the briefing room discussing an unusual case that's been happening lately.

Y/n: Spirits?

Shou: Yes, eyewitnesses say that they've been attacked by spirits. Some spook stories of a dark creature made out of shadows attacking them and taking their things.

Officer 1: What do they take?

Shou: Anything; jewels, money, food, weapons etc. The creature takes anything of value on their person.

Y/n: Does anyone have any idea where it goes afterwards?

Shou: *shakes head no* No the creature then suddenly mends with he shadows in the night and disappears. No one has been able to track the creature.

Officer 2: Well that helps a lot

Shou: All we know is the creature takes the items, but doesn't hurt the people. This happens once every couple of days and it happens at night, so all of you on the night watch, keep your eyes peeled. Dismissed

All the officers stand up and head out to do their jobs, but y/n remains seated thinking. Sergeant Shou notices this and decides to ask him.

Shou: Something on your mind?

Y/n: It's just this case about this "spirit" that's been stealing things.

Shou: What about it?

Y/n: I don't think it's a spirit

Shou: You think it's some person stealing from people making it look like a spirit?

Y/n:....I don't think so

Shou: Then what is it?

Y/n: *Long sigh* I don't know, but for some reason my gut is telling me that that whatever this thing is it's not a spirit nor is it human. I don't know, but my instincts are telling me it's not a spirit or ordinary person.

Sergeant Shou starts thinking about this comment. Ever since y/n has joined the force, one thing that all officers know for sure, is to trust his gut. From the beginning since y/n started solving cases everyone knew that y/n had a sixth sense for being able to know things without the actual knowledge.

If his gut tells him that the criminal is hiding somewhere nearby then the criminal was hiding nearby. If he says that the triads are planning an ambush then they are planning an ambush. No one knows how y/n has this skill, but it's thanks to his gut that many cases have been solved and criminals placed in prison.

Shou: Alright, i believe you, but we need to solve this before someone gets hurt.

Y/n: Right

(Timeskip)

Y/n is now seen walking down the street to his apartment without his uniform. He just finished his shift and is heading home to relax. These past several weeks since Korra was ambushed things have been getting hectic. Amon and the Equalist have been a lot more careful thanks to Tarrlok's taskforce. Y/n has been taking down equalists every now and then during the night when he would accidently stumble upon a robbery or a couple of Equalists taking down triads to be "sacrificed" to Amon.